News   Mar 28, 2024
 446     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 382     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 733     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s

Isn't that sidewalk going to get ripped up in < 1 year for the extension?
well the extension wasnt really a thing in 2016 was it? not like they could have known.
probly not anyway as the tunneling contracts shouldnt touch street level roads and sidewalks

Here's Part 1 of 3 taken from Caledonia station on October 24, 2021:

From Croham:

IMG_2324.jpg
IMG_2325.jpg
IMG_2326.jpg

Up next

Part 2: From the bridge over the Barrie line

Mount Dennis
You can see clearly that the sidewalk and bike path is higher than the retaining barrier and no idea until why until I have a real close look. Left is the sidewalk, the bike path and a concrete edge that slops to the barrier. No idea why the barrier is there other than protection for the entrance.

51626802296_d7f129863c_b.jpg
It’s not a barrier, it’s a retaining wall because the sidewalk and bike lane are going to be at a higher elevation than the road. The road needs a higher overhead clearance, so it dips down to clear the rail overpass. Bikes don’t need this clearance, and the dip in the road makes it more challenging for cyclists. The elevation of the bike path means there’s less of a hill for pedestrians and cyclists.

It’s not a barrier, it’s a retaining wall because the sidewalk and bike lane are going to be at a higher elevation than the road. The road needs a higher overhead clearance, so it dips down to clear the rail overpass. Bikes don’t need this clearance, and the dip in the road makes it more challenging for cyclists. The elevation of the bike path means there’s less of a hill for pedestrians and cyclists.
I think @W. K. Lis has dreams about these! He'll be happy to know that. :)

There are a lot of places in Toronto where they have done that as well.

I’m guessing this is showing where the bus terminal is gonna be??
More like a bus loop. Both Keelesdale and Caledonia loop won't have any enclosed waiting area by the bus bay and won't feature any fare paid areas by the looks of it. It'll be similar to Victoria Park with a covering but much smaller.

Only Mt Dennis and Science Centre features proper bus terminals.

Last edited:
Has anyone been passed Yonge and Eglinton if so is the station structure up yet for Eglinton LRT station entrance??

Has anyone been passed Yonge and Eglinton if so is the station structure up yet for Eglinton LRT station entrance??

Still lots of deep pits throughout the intersection, no structure yet.

In fact, I don't believe that they have even started to form the rebar for the underground structural walls at the entrance.

Dan

Still lots of deep pits throughout the intersection, no structure yet.

In fact, I don't believe that they have even started to form the rebar for the underground structural walls at the entrance.

Dan

Actually they are making massive progress at eglinton. Almost done the station box, and are finishing with track installation. They actually might get it done next year.

Back