News   Apr 23, 2024
 209     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 953     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 297     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Gray is an awful colour for visibility (to car drivers) on the at-grade sections.
I think the signaling will mirror the viva rapidways where left turns will be restricted. If that's the case it shouldn't be an issue since there will be noone turning while a train is crossing the intersection

Honestly sure the grey on the outside looks like the subway... I guess? sort of?

But the interior does not. If they wanted the interior to look like the subway they should have gone with red seat covers and metal poles with the red antimicrobial finish.

View attachment 187091

This would look more like the subway

I wonder why they didn't go for a solid red/maroon.

I think the signaling will mirror the viva rapidways where left turns will be restricted. If that's the case it shouldn't be an issue since there will be noone turning while a train is crossing the intersection
But there is nothing to stop it if anyone turns.

But there is nothing to stop it if anyone turns.
Comon, all this what ifs are getting nowhere. As mentioned earlier the colors or lack there of is the least of our concerns right now. They still need to finish the line!

These things are ugly as sin but luckily something like seat fabrics and paint jobs can be changed later down the road, so no big deal.

Build this thing asap and later we can swap the seats out for red and blue when they need replacing and repaint a nicer colour when thats needed too.

Can these actually be "repainted" in the conventional sense? Or is it a plastic component that is ordered to colour spec and replaced.

Comon, all this what ifs are getting nowhere. As mentioned earlier the colors or lack there of is the least of our concerns right now. They still need to finish the line!

Colour is still a big deal. It's definitely something that's put a lot of thought into behind the scenes, be it the GO colour change, UPX, or future lines. It's a good discussion. As for 'finishing' the line, hard to do that when the west section was dropped ages ago and recently re-planned totally different. And the east section dropped entirely. Will probably take a generation or two to actually finish.

Can these actually be "repainted" in the conventional sense? Or is it a plastic component that is ordered to colour spec and replaced.

Anything can be painted with the right primer formula.

But if its a plastic dyed component than the need to repaint would not be for a very long time.

You could always do a wrap as well like the Line 3 cars.

Honestly its not the exterior that bothers me its that god awful interior.

Luckily things like the seat covers and the anti microbial yellow finish will need to be replaced often.

Hopefully they come to their senses and replace with TTC red.

A Few pictures from Doors open today, The trains are actually quite spacious inside and the seats felt pretty comfortable, the grey while boring looked a bit better in person than in pictures in my opinion.
BA3D6635-3632-4FD9-8367-8EED6A371FA5.jpeg

83AE01D0-9596-44EB-879A-283823D5BD8B.jpeg

FA84FFC2-F07F-4D6F-BAF5-2EDDE6385680.jpeg

BAB25F26-5EDC-4869-A572-D6883F60F8DB.jpeg

5FC48CEB-1D38-41C3-8559-EA5FB6CAB966.jpeg

Not sure if it was confirmed or not but it seems like the surface portions of the line will have grass in the tracks at least according to this sign.

A friend took a picture of the sign today and they have since covered up the MBTA T logo. I presume that people started to point it out and question why Metrolinx used the T logo. Some consulant was probably too lazy to research whether the logo was already in use. The joke that is going around is Metrolinx is going to have to start licensing the logo from MBTA. If only Metrolinx was smart enough to stick with their original logo (pre-rebranding).

This is absolutely not what the staff said at the open houses, nor what the presentation materials stated at them, either. The surface stops would all be operated as if they were part of the streetcar network - if there is no one waiting at the stop, or requests a stop from onboard, the vehicle continues through.

Dan

I know that is no longer the case and never claimed it was never going to be included. I was referring to "Transit City era" documents that stated (in a really brief note) their initial plans were to have the LRV's stop at every single stop whether or not anyone would get on or off. Thank god they reversed on that decision seeing how close the surface stops are.

Was also at the open house today. The LRV's interiors felt the same as the streetcars but with more space near the doors and also having bilingual signs (nothing special really). Also guess I was wrong with Eglinton getting no green row, a bulletin mentioned sections of the overground section would in fact see grass installed between the tracks. The guides mentioned that the LRV's are capable of driving autonomously around the yard and that future sets would be dropped off from the rail corridor next door rather than the oversized truck they used for the initial batch.

Last edited:

Back