News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 364     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

There are some low-to-mid rises but definitely not that big a ridership potential. And many of those blocks have better proximity to Bathurst-Eglinton than to Chaplin.

The density around Chaplin is higher than Avenue Road. I mean, using your argument you could say very few stops have ridership potential. You never know what will happen in the future. Groups of houses get sold, condos get built.

The density around Chaplin is higher than Avenue Road. I mean, using your argument you could say very few stops have ridership potential. You never know what will happen in the future. Groups of houses get sold, condos get built.

Midtown is not bloor street, but I'm honestly less worried about stop spacing in the underground portion and moreso worried about those in the aboveground portion.

Midtown is not bloor street, but I'm honestly less worried about stop spacing in the underground portion and moreso worried about those in the aboveground portion.

I'm very annoyed by the mid-block stops in the east portion too. Don't get me wrong. There are stretches where the train won't even get to accelerate.

Unpopular opinion but did we really need a Chaplin station? That's one too many stations (to serve near non-existent ridership) in Forest Hill.
Yes otherwise there will be a 1.4km gap between Forest Hill and Avenue Rd. The station is closer to Forest Hill but the uphill walk would make it difficult for those with trouble walking.

Unpopular opinion but did we really need a Chaplin station? That's one too many stations (to serve near non-existent ridership) in Forest Hill.

Forest Hill Station is above Bathurst Station on Line 2. Chaplin Station is above Spadina Station on Line 2. Avenue Road Station is above Museum Station on Line 1. They skip St. George and Bay Stations.

Forest Hill Station is above Bathurst Station on Line 2. Chaplin Station is above Spadina Station on Line 2. Avenue Road Station is above Museum Station on Line 1. They skip St. George and Bay Stations.

I don't understand why you'd compare Chaplin and Eglinton to Bay and Bloor. One is in the heart of the biggest commercial and tee densest residential areas in the country and the other one is merely suburban.
Not every line warrants the same station spacing.

Yes otherwise there will be a 1.4km gap between Forest Hill and Avenue Rd. The station is closer to Forest Hill but the uphill walk would make it difficult for those with trouble walking.

You can't build rapid transit to cater to 100% of population. If that's the logic we should only have bus routes with stops every 100m.

Yeesh. Of all the things to complain about. If anything, the tunneled section of the Crosstown should have more stops (at Little Blvd and at Banff Rd)

You can't build rapid transit to cater to 100% of population. If that's the logic we should only have bus routes with stops every 100m.
In your case, we should skip Oakwood and Mt Pleasant too. They are definitely as close to other station as Chaplin. I don't see why you wouldn't suggest removing Caledonia, Avenue Rd and Laird as well and place stations 2km apart since they are too close for your liking.

I'm very annoyed by the mid-block stops in the east portion too. Don't get me wrong. There are stretches where the train won't even get to accelerate.

Yup, the N-S concessions in Etobicoke and Scarborough are perfectly spaced for rapid transit. There's no need for midblock stations unless there's a significant trip generator there.

In last night's Metrolinx Town Hall, there was a question about why the Eglinton Crosstown LRT's surface stops were not enclosed and only getting shelters with 1 wall. The answer to the question was that that is not the case as they have 3 walls and a roof so they will be protected from the elements...

I don't mean to be skeptical as I believe it's just 1 long wall at the back and 2 short walls around 1-2 feet deep, which is definitely not enclosed.

In last night's Metrolinx Town Hall, there was a question about why the Eglinton Crosstown LRT's surface stops were not enclosed and only getting shelters with 1 wall. The answer to the question was that that is not the case as they have 3 walls and a roof so they will be protected from the elements...

I don't mean to be skeptical as I believe it's just 1 long wall at the back and 2 short walls around 1-2 feet deep, which is definitely not enclosed.

I'm starting to think the people responsible for the decision have never used a transit shelter. Spadina's stations come to mind when visualizing their description. I remember those barely protecting from the elements.

I think the station design is going to be one of the biggest missed opportunities with the Crosstown. The lack of grade separation is minor compared to the comfort of the stations since being stuck on a streetcar in the middle of winter is much more comfortable than waiting on an open platform for said streetcar in the middle of winter.

I'm starting to think the people responsible for the decision have never used a transit shelter. Spadina's stations come to mind when visualizing their description. I remember those barely protecting from the elements.

I think the station design is going to be one of the biggest missed opportunities with the Crosstown. The lack of grade separation is minor compared to the comfort of the stations since being stuck on a streetcar in the middle of winter is much more comfortable than waiting on an open platform for said streetcar in the middle of winter.

Local transit agencies seems scared to death of using enclosures that actually encloses. I suspect they are probably hung up on the whole safety and maintenance aspect.

AoD

Back