News   Apr 24, 2024
 318     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.6K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 639     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Honestly, perhaps it’s the winter weather but I don’t see much work happening at all at any of the nearby stations (laird to Bathurst). I don’t even see many workers at these stations anymore… since cleaning up the road it seems everything has slowed down again to a snails pace.
Most of the work is INSIDE. Tiles, electrical, lighting, escalators, elevators, communication, wi-fi (insert laughter here), washrooms (also insert laughter here), fire equipment, security cameras, security alarms, wayfinding, etc.. Guessing there will not be telephones? USB plugs?

For what possible reason should there be USB plugs at a transit station with frequent service? This isn't an airport where you wait hours for your trip to commence.

Also the USB plugs are a well documented security issue, I would much rather in places such as this regular power outlets be provided.

I’ve heard the TTC doesn’t expect this to open this year anymore. Maybe very late 2023. But they aren’t holding their breath.

I want to know if people can be able to walk through the Line 5 stations with construction around them? After-all, people still used Union Station when they added the second platform. People still used Bloor Station while they constructed the widening of the platforms for Line 1.

Last edited:
For what possible reason should there be USB plugs at a transit station with frequent service? This isn't an airport where you wait hours for your trip to commence.

Also the USB plugs are a well documented security issue, I would much rather in places such as this regular power outlets be provided.
Maybe not at a station, but plugs on trains is something that could be beneficial to many. The new Moscow Metro trains introduced usb plugs for instance, and it has been well used by many, especially those who use the Moscow Metro for work: for instance delivery men.

Most of the work is INSIDE. Tiles, electrical, lighting, escalators, elevators, communication, wi-fi (insert laughter here), washrooms (also insert laughter here), fire equipment, security cameras, security alarms, wayfinding, etc.. Guessing there will not be telephones? USB plugs?
I understand that the work is inside, I’m also talking about the above ground portions of the stations, i see them basically in the same state in Feb that they were back in Sept. but back in Sept, I saw some work Happening, it seemed like there was a sense of urgency and folks were working, like I’ve never seen before… they were really scooting around. But that seemed to come to a halt after the roads were cleared. Honestly i would expect work to happen above ground as well…

They’re testing buses at Mount Dennis LRT station today
Too add to this Iirc back In 2017 2 months prior to the opening of the TYYSE extension they tested buses at pioneer village bus terminal and Finch West bus terminal so maybe this will be the same maybe not 2 months but maybe 3-6 months cause also remember finch west wasn’t completely done till the day before opening so who knows

Too add to this Iirc back In 2017 2 months prior to the opening of the TYYSE extension they tested buses at pioneer village bus terminal and Finch West bus terminal so maybe this will be the same maybe not 2 months but maybe 3-6 months cause also remember finch west wasn’t completely done till the day before opening so who knows

Road-testing a new transit loop or hub is a pretty standard part of commissioning, and it happens as soon as the facility is ready for occupancy. The sooner the better, for the benefit of the operating people. I wouldn't read into this to the start date of the system. There is no doubt that Mount Dennis will be ready before some other parts of the line are, and Mount Dennis will have to sit empty until the whole line is ready.

- paul

crosstown-chaplin-02.jpg

crosstown-chaplin-01.jpg

crosstown-chaplin-03.jpg

crosstown-chaplin-04.jpg

crosstown-chaplin-05.jpg

Back