News   May 18, 2022
 481     1 
News   May 18, 2022
 169     0 

Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s

Jane2021

Member Bio
Reaction score
Has anyone been passed Yonge and Eglinton if so is the station structure up yet for Eglinton LRT station entrance??

smallspy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Has anyone been passed Yonge and Eglinton if so is the station structure up yet for Eglinton LRT station entrance??

Still lots of deep pits throughout the intersection, no structure yet.

In fact, I don't believe that they have even started to form the rebar for the underground structural walls at the entrance.

Dan

dullturtle06

Member Bio
Reaction score
Still lots of deep pits throughout the intersection, no structure yet.

In fact, I don't believe that they have even started to form the rebar for the underground structural walls at the entrance.

Dan

Actually they are making massive progress at eglinton. Almost done the station box, and are finishing with track installation. They actually might get it done next year.

cplchanb

Member Bio
Reaction score

Actually they are making massive progress at eglinton. Almost done the station box, and are finishing with track installation. They actually might get it done next year.
As predicted since they can divert more resources from the completed stations to those that are still UC. Hopefully they can maintain the sched.

toronto647

Member Bio
Reaction score
As predicted since they can divert more resources from the completed stations to those that are still UC. Hopefully they can maintain the sched.
They indicated they will get 100% of track railing and the overhead power installed by end of year. And then they would have another year for testing while concurrently finishing up construction where required and not interferring with the whole line testing. If they can get this up and running by mid September I think thats a major win. Even by Christmas 2022 is a respectable win. Anything into 2023 will be challenging from a PR perspective especially getting deeper into 2023. Fingers crossed

Johnny Au

Member Bio
Reaction score
Near the North York, York, & Old Toronto tripoint
Here's Part 2 of 2 taken from Oakwood station on October 27, 2021

Secondary entrance:

IMG_2345.jpg
IMG_2346.jpg
IMG_2347.jpg

smallspy

Member Bio
Reaction score

I know that they are making massive progress there. I live close by and go past it quite regularly.

But they still haven't started building anything above ground there, and that was what the question was about.

Dan

Reactions: max

toronto647

Member Bio
Reaction score
X

Just giving them a year to finish up all the stations.
The overhead catenary system (the wires that power the trains), train signals, communications systems are not expected to be done anytime soon and "will continue into 2022". Once that is done testing of the whole line can commence meaning full line testing probably wont start until Summer 2022 at the earliest.