Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread
Crosstown LRT: Kennedy Station 
2467 Eglinton Avenue East, Toronto
Developer: Metrolinx

Crosstown LRT: Kennedy Station | ?m | 1s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

Discussion in 'Buildings' started by UT Admin, Oct 9, 2015.

1. UT Admin

UT Admin Administrator Staff Member

| Kennedy Crosstown Station

2. W. K. Lis

W. K. Lis Superstar

Surface Section & Kennedy Station Open House

From link:

April 5, 2017

Join us at our upcoming open house and learn about the surface section and Kennedy Station on the new Eglinton line, now under construction.

Join Metrolinx and its constructor, Crosslinx Transit Solutions (CTS), at an open house to find out:

• what construction is happening in your neighbourhood
    • why it needs to happen
    • how it may impact you
    • who to contact if you have questions/concerns
    • when construction is happening
    [​IMG]

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

St. Maria Goretti Catholic School

21 Kenmark Boulevard, Scarborough

3. EastYorkTTCFan

EastYorkTTCFan Senior Member

Apparently according to the latest TTC route changes sometime in september there is supposed to be a new bus terminal opening in part f the parking lot well the renovate parts of the station for the crosstown including for some reason redoing the entrance. As far as I have seen there has been little progress on it at all.

4. EastYorkTTCFan

EastYorkTTCFan Senior Member

Construction has begun on the tempory bus terminal a few months past when Metrolinx and the TTC announced the start of it. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for it to go up and how it will be used. My guess from the looks of the placement of it. I assume it will function much how Pape satin did before it was renovated.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. drum118

drum118 Superstar

Metrolinx/TTC is building a new road coming off Eglinton west of the current entrance and exit running next to the Kiss & Ride and will connect to Transitway Cres. I expect this road will connect to the north side bus bays to allow the existing road to be close for the new LRT station. Buses normally used that road going east on Eglinton will have to exit by Kennedy to go east on Eglinton.

The change over to the new bus bay is supposed to happen this weekend if I remember correctly what the sign said. Was planning on taking a photo on my return trip, but side track doing so. Then it maybe delay until that new road is built, since I see no notice of change on TTC website at this time for Kennedy Station.

Everything is ready for the change over, other than the new road still being built

http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Construction/Kipling_Roadway.jsp

http://www.ttc.ca/Subway/Stations/Kennedy/station.jsp

Update
    Relocation of the Bus Loop and Passenger Platform at TTC Kennedy Station
    Starting as early as December 13, the existing Kennedy Station Bus Loop will temporarily be moved to facilitate construction of the new bus loop and passenger platform. TTC passengers can continue to access Kennedy Station via all existing entrances but will be required to board buses from a new temporary platform on the south side of the terminal. For more information, please read the notice on the website.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  6. drum118

drum118 Superstar

Dec 7
    Kennedy Station Area and more up on site
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Edward Skira

Edward Skira http://skyrisecities.com Staff Member

8. drum118

drum118 Superstar

I will add this here like I have in other threads

Come 5 am December 13, riders are in for one rough ride for the rest of the week leaning how to use Kennedy Bus Terminal as well having POP ready to get on the buses from where the rider got on, not the station. TTC Staff was handing out notices on the new bus location while I was there.

All riders using TTC 12, 21, 34E, 43, 57 and 131E must use the west end tunnel to get to the new bus bays for the next few years. All these routes as well the closure of the north entrance will be like this for the next few years to allow the building of the LRT station.

All these bus routes will turn left exiting the new area and will exit by Kennedy Rd exit only. All the rest of the routes will turn right onto Transit Way when exiting the current terminal, not like it is today. Even then, there is confusion on this change as some say it will happen on the 13th, while others say next year and this includes Metrolinx. The understanding I was told there today, once the new road is built off Eglinton, the current service road will be close.

Talk about confusion what is going to happen for the next 4 years is a understatement.