Toronto

Crosstown LRT: Fairbank Station | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Daoust Lestage

Northern Magus

Member Bio
Reaction score
It's interesting how deep some of these are going to be. The concourse on this one looks to be at least 4s deep.

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
It depends, The current setup for the Spadina extension is just a general thread for the entire project. This approach is vastly different, and possibly should just merge with the Eglinton Crosstown thread. Really, I couldn't care less. if the stations are left separate in the construction section, they might get more traffic and photo updates, but their proper place is really the Eglinton Crosstown thread.

GenerationW

Member Bio
Reaction score
^ Exactly the debate the MODS are currently having. Anybody else have an opinion?
IMO the LRT station threads belong in Transportation.

EDIT: And I agree with the post above mine -- preferably in the Eglinton Crosstown thread rather than separate threads.

Last edited:

junctionist

Member Bio
Reaction score
Let's keep the individual threads. I like discussions about particular stations in separate threads. Local issues having to do with the stations like entrance placements won't get buried in a single thread. Right now, it's still possible to make changes to the station designs. Metrolinx does a lot of public consultation, so particular issues can be noticed and raised by more people at meetings potentially if not buried in a single thread.

whatever

Member Bio
Reaction score
For something the size of the Crosstown could it have a subforum in the Transportation forum? God knows there's enough debate around it for it to easily support a dozen different threads, between the alignment, the stops, the LRT technology, suggested extensions, and then the stations themselves

greenleaf

Member Bio
Reaction score
I think they should stay in this forum; what if the TTC and the city did the smart thing and actually built a mid-rise building on the station? Then we'd want the thread here.

Anyway, it will just need careful moderation like other threads dipping into the real estate aspect of development.

AHK

Member Bio
Reaction score
I think they should stay in this forum; what if the TTC and the city did the smart thing and actually built a mid-rise building on the station? Then we'd want the thread here.

Anyway, it will just need careful moderation like other threads dipping into the real estate aspect of development.
From my perspective - the LRT station threads are both far more interesting and much more relevant than the multitudinous 'its so slow, its so fast (sarcasm), its so ugly (but maybe not so after it has been finished)' posts which overly populate so many of the other threads

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
Speaking as a mod with my own views, I'll agree that this thread should be separate from the general Eglinton Crosstown thread, but that transit projects like this should be in the Transportation and Issues subforum, with consideration towards P&C if it becomes a mixed-use project.

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Fairbank & Oakwood Stations Open House

From link:

April 6, 2017

Eglinton Crosstown Update: Open House Meeting

Fairbank and Oakwood Stations

Join us at our upcoming open house and learn about the future Fairbank and Oakwood stations, two of 15 underground stations on the new Eglinton line now under construction.

Join Metrolinx and its constructor, Crosslinx Transit Solutions (CTS), at an open house to find out:

• what construction is happening in your neighbourhood
  • why it needs to happen
  • how it may impact you
  • who to contact if you have questions/concerns
  • when construction is happening

Thursday, April 6, 2017

6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

Fairbank Public School

2335 Dufferin Street

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member