Toronto Crosstown LRT: Caledonia Station | 11.72m | 2s | Metrolinx | McCallum Sather

I'm curious what is happening with the GO station. During the TPAP they mentioned a prerequisite was some kind of Eglinton West bridge replacement that they imagined the city would do and that the Barrie corridor expansion project would grade the tracks, double track in the area, etc.. I see no sign of the city doing anything on the bridge, and no sign of corridor work in this area. With Metrolinx indicating that a contract is about to be signed I can't even find a document for the final scope of the contract they are tendering. Does anyone know what is going to tender? Is it 2 tracks or three, is it one platform or two, and does it included the Eglinton bridge replacement?

Apparently, the GO station is supposed to open the following year after the LRT station opens. They're moving forward with contracts for building the GO station. I haven't heard anything about a new bridge for Eglinton. They're building a pedestrian bridge over the tracks as part of the GO station.

April 13, 2021:
IMG_0200.jpg
IMG_0201.jpg

Last northbound train would go through there at about 6:20pm.
I entered the tracks at around 5:30pm (the previous train already left Downsview Park station at that time), took the photos around 5:45pm and left the railway tracks completely just before 6:00pm.

According to the Barrie line schedule, the train (trip #6927) would have passed by the area about five minutes after I left (this train would depart from Union station at 5:53pm and arrive at Downsview Park station at 6:12pm).

Good thing I'm still here.

Apparently, the GO station is supposed to open the following year after the LRT station opens. They're moving forward with contracts for building the GO station. I haven't heard anything about a new bridge for Eglinton. They're building a pedestrian bridge over the tracks as part of the GO station.
From Metrolinx:
Eglinton Avenue West Bridge works to be completed by the City of Toronto through discussion and coordination with Metrolinx and in advance of the Barrie Rail Corridor Expansion works. This work is to be staged such that impact to rail and roadway operations are minimal; Existing bridge to be suitably supported if Barrie Rail Corridor Expansion track work is commenced prior to the City of Toronto bridge reconstruction work being completed;
They actually did a whole study on the bridge alone:

Any plans for a bicycle path from the Caledonia Station to connect with the Beltline Trail? Still waiting for the bridge over the Allen Road.

This berm was for the old Beltine Railway. It was removed for the Allen Road, but still no bridge for cyclists or pedestrians.
989b4f7401ec24c1a23e7e31b89d9050
From link.

Any plans for a bicycle path from the Caledonia Station to connect with the Beltline Trail? Still waiting for the bridge over the Allen Road.

This berm was for the old Beltine Railway. It was removed for the Allen Road, but still no bridge for cyclists or pedestrians.
989b4f7401ec24c1a23e7e31b89d9050
From link.
Yes, a direct connection is planned at Bowie Avenue:

1626195158287.png

Back