Toronto Consilium Place Arena | 20.02m | 3s | Kevric | WZMH

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
The Lobbyist Registry shows that Bousfields, on behalf of Kevric is lobbying for permissions for a new Arena at the above noted address, to serve as the new home of the Scarborough Shooting Stars. (I admit, I had to look them up)

Entry:

1670944938742.png

The address does not exist on the City's mapping program.

Only addresses on the even side the road are assigned, and only as high as 516.

After consulting with someone wise to mapping here at UT, the suggestion was made that this is an unassigned address, perhaps in the same block as 10 Corporate Drive.

1670948134647.png

Larger context shot:

1670948208095.png

Opinions, thoughts and corrections of assumptions are all welcome!

I was listening to a CHCH Sportsline podcast episode from August 1 earlier at work today where the guest was CEBL Commissioner Mike Morreale. He mentioned at the 19:29 timestamp in the video that the Scarborough Shooting Stars were looking to get started on their "new purpose-built facility" that should "break ground within a couple of months". I was able to find next to no information on this proposed arena with the singular exception of an instagram video posted on July 17, 2023 by Sam Ibrahim, co-owner of the Scarborough Shooting Stars, stating that they had applied for a minor variance to build a ~5,400-seat facility at 350 Consilium Place, the parking lot at the northeast corner of the existing Consilium Place office development. I tried looking to see if there were any formal application documents, but if they were there, they aren't up anymore. This application appears to have been made right after the 5 Corporate Drive development was cancelled and sold off. If this is indeed still happening, a venue like this will be a huge deal for Scarborough, especially since many of these surrounding parking lots and office parks are going to start seeing some major residential development.

The Scarborough Shooting Stars currently play at the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre located at UTSC, which seats ~2,000 for basketball. This would represent over double the current capacity, and it is certainly warranted given the upward momentum in attendance that the CEBL has been experiencing.

I have attached some relevant image snippets from Sam Ibrahim's instagram video.

350consilium1.png

350consilium2.png

350consilium3.png

Last edited:
According to UT the capacity is cut down to 4,600 and the venue would use the adjoining underground office parking lots for events. Fascinated to see how this venue fares compared to similar venues in Mississauga, Brampton, and Markham. My first instinct is that it will fare better based on location. Wondering if it will have capability of hosting ice events or if it's strictly for basketball, concerts, and trade shows.

According to UT the capacity is cut down to 4,600 and the venue would use the adjoining underground office parking lots for events. Fascinated to see how this venue fares compared to similar venues in Mississauga, Brampton, and Markham. My first instinct is that it will fare better based on location. Wondering if it will have capability of hosting ice events or if it's strictly for basketball, concerts, and trade shows.
I think this is going to be a much more successful venue than Paramount Fine Foods Centre or CAA Centre. Just based on the floor plan and dimensions, when you remove the retractable seats from the floor area, it does not appear that this will be a big enough space for a rink. I don't think that's a problem though, basketball is going to and should be front and centre here.

My question is how real is this proposal? Is this project like the fantasy esports arena proposed for Toronto.

Building a 4,600-seat arena is going a cost at least 200 million dollars.

Does this developer have that type for money to build this project?

I think it would be better to study weather this project is even feasible before we make a tend on it.

Back