Toronto ConneXion | ?m | ?s | North Star | TACT Architecture

They've now demolished the building they had converted into a sales centre. Things should get serious soon.

DSC06908_zpsce4ym6hx.jpg

90afb2c3-973b-49fe-b883-b6587026170c_zpspcdqje6n.jpg

Reactions: PMT
Thanks for letting us know! Our IT guy has made some changes to the software that underpins the site recently, and one of the URL forms that was once supported no longer is, and some links are now broken. Unfortunately we don't have a way of finding them all automatically. We appreciate any mentions of broken links, as we are able to fix a dead link whenever we are alerted to the issue!

Reactions: PMT
I was wondering how things were coming along here…

Looking west:
DSC02340.jpg

Looking northwest across the middle of the site:
DSC02339.jpg

Looking north from the southwest corner:
DSC02337.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02337.jpg
    DSC02337.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 636
  • DSC02339.jpg
    DSC02339.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 643
  • DSC02340.jpg
    DSC02340.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 656
This has been one of the slowest builds for a small complex I have ever seen. What is also concerning is that they did all the work to create a parking garage and concrete foundations and now they are cheaping out and building the remainder out of low quality wood frame materials. And with a flat roof, these units will leak like a colander in a few years. They should have spent the few extra bucks and done everything in concrete. Surely the market could have borne a small increase in unit price for that change.

It just seems odd given they spent all the time and money to create a multi-level underground parking garage.

^^^ Not necessarily.
Wood frame construction, if done right, insulates extremely well from noise and vibration.
Noise and vibration travels very easily through a concrete structure, particularly hard impact noises such as someone walking around inside with heels or someone dropping something on the floor as anyone living in a condo building can attest.

They've got windows in half of the units now and some of the interior work appears to be starting.

Interestingly, there appears to be some potential land assembly possibilities to the west of this development, so there is a chance we may see another development close by. The body shop two doors down is for sale.

I pass by these units every day and I haven't seen any progress since Jan, any word on what's up? I noticed the raw wood material throughout the winter... Does that affect the integrity of the material over time, considering it's been exposed for almost 5 months now.

Back