Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | a—A

EIFS... ugh... among the very worst of modern claddings. Looks cheap two seconds after it's done, and ages terribly.
I get it's the polyester of the construction industry. I still prefer it over aluminum backed grey spandrel though...if left with a choice between the two evils. >.<

Today:

FB63E103-3D96-4BB3-8F1D-89C07BB327F8.jpeg

This tower has been put on hold? i see on the Skyscraper Page's Toronto page it shows it's on hold and so too is the Pemberton tower. We're down from 116 towers built, u/c and completed to 114. We're going the wrong way, lol! 😜

This tower has been put on hold? i see on the Skyscraper Page's Toronto page it shows it's on hold and so too is the Pemberton tower. We're down from 116 towers built, u/c and completed to 114. We're going the wrong way, lol! 😜

I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Construction could resume at any moment, and when it does you'll hear about it here first. It will likely come in the form of an official announcement or ground-breaking ceremony, even though ground was technically broken years ago.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Construction could resume at any moment, and when it does you'll hear about it here first. It will likely come in the form of an official announcement or ground-breaking ceremony, even though ground was technically broken years ago.
Thanks. I'm sure you're right. If it was anything serious holding it up somebody on here would have heard about it. Thanks. 😃

Screen_Shot_2020-01-17_at_1.25.27_PM.jpg

The massive amount of value engineering that Concord requires undoubtedly takes time, unfortunately. The worst part is that this time they'll actually have some form of semi-valid excuse given the wild inflationary/construction material dynamics at play.

they're probably meeting to figure out how to make it cheaper
LOL. Build it using toothpicks. I read an old article from years ago that when the CN tower lost its title as the world's tallest free-standing tower, someone, a rep maybe, suggested they could increase its height with toothpicks and win back the title. I don't think they were being serious.😃

Back