Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | a—A

Today.
33AA22CD-E98F-4E8E-BA13-6BD52641387D.jpeg
CA10DFE6-E1DB-4A8E-BBA2-711468B6CF91.jpeg
1C800FE6-540B-41CC-9EDF-A46736DD6CFE.jpeg
5B010D40-37DA-41BD-A242-F3C39E3CBBDB.jpeg

the 299 metre effect. Just makes me wonder who is behind the height "curtain'.

A great KPF design dumbed down to a maybe ok tall wedge.

Overheard: KPF project meeting-they (Toronto) want something shorter. OK send them this thing.

I will punch any city planner who contributes to this out-dated height nonsense. May need some help after the arrest.

The foundations need to sit on bedrock, not sure the depth of bedrock at his location but definitely more that one level down. I guess it depends on how many levels of parking they want to provide.

The foundations need to sit on bedrock, not sure the depth of bedrock at his location but definitely more that one level down. I guess it depends on how many levels of parking they want to provide.
why guess when you can find the exact answer in the Dev application docs.

Or just check the previous page

Probably because some people don't know how to use that terribly outdated (and hidden) reference system? It's why I've been hoping for links to said dev apps in the Database pages.

The person who asked the question can check the details, I was just pointing out that a building especially that tall needs to go to bedrock. I personally don't care how deep it goes.

The person who asked the question can check the details, I was just pointing out that a building especially that tall needs to go to bedrock. I personally don't care how deep it goes.

It doesn't though. Depends how deep the bedrock is. Yonge & Eglinton has many (all?) of the high-rises on a raft slab.
Salesforce Tower in SF is about the same height as YSL and the foundation does not sit on bedrock.

Hasn't Salesforce Tower sunk like a foot-and-a-half, though? Maybe not the best counter-example ;)

Nope, that's Millennium tower. The Salesforce Transit Center did suffer from cracked beams:

Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur used friction piles like Millennium Tower as well - and to considerably greater success.

AoD

Last edited:
Nope, that's Millennium tower. The Salesforce Transit Center did suffer from cracked beams:

It's back open now but ya that whole area is a mess. They released plans to actually pile down to bedrock for Millennium tower which is pretty deep down in that part of town (lot's of infill here).

It's back open now but ya that whole area is a mess. They released plans to actually pile down to bedrock for Millennium tower which is pretty deep down in that part of town (lot's of infill here).
...especially for earthquakes (strong earthquakes occur in San Francisco approximately once a century; there's a reason why the Transamerica Pyramid survived the Loma Prieta earthquake undamaged in 1989).

Last edited:

Back