Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Today.
86309DAA-2FCB-4732-9511-E4DF3BEA04B1.jpeg

Was walking by this project yesterday, and I can say it's a HUGE project taking several blocks on the Yonge south of Gerrard.
While I am happy to see those ugly old structures gut out except the 2 significant heritage blocks at each end, I am also sad that the developer couldn't spend few more millions to ump the design of a building which would end up as Ryerson's gateway.

This looks very nice actually!
It seems no one really know what the finish product will look like as of yet, I notice on the YSL website they didn’t even show what the amenities or lobby will look like or where amenities are located.
I think the podium section is enhanced much better by using those vertical concrete slabs to blend and tie in with the old section. !

The photo up above gives you a nice view of which buildings that are getting torn down. Does anyone know if all the buildings are going to be hollowed out with just the facades being kept?

The smaller building to the south does not seem like it’s worth saving very minimum details on it that are remotely interesting. The red brick building beside and at that direct corner though... has a lot of character. Glad they are trying to save these though. As a Main Street that has just glass canyons looks bad anyways. These heritage fronts keep the charm along Yonge. (And Queen street)

I get that this isn't your typical condo tower but 5 years? Does it come with a Downtown Relief Line?

As much as I welcome this development, this is my neighbourhood. It's going to be a construction zone for half a decade? Come on...
Gee for goodness sake can't they slide a 200 meter there in that 160 meter table top skyline?
The smaller building to the south does not seem like it’s worth saving very minimum details on it that are remotely interesting. The red brick building beside and at that direct corner though... has a lot of character. Glad they are trying to save these though. As a Main Street that has just glass canyons looks bad anyways. These heritage fronts keep the charm along Yonge. (And Queen street)

Agreed. I think they’re saving it for historical reasons. The building (most recently a shelter for homeless youths) has a long history as a relief centre. I think I saw a photo of unemployed men lining up for free food there during the Great Depression.

Back