Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | a—A

the amount of complaining on this page considering we have yet to see detailed elevation drawings and that the building appears to otherwise remain substantially unaltered from the Cresford rendition is startling.
I admit I'm guilty of just being happy that a massive tower that's just shy of being super tall is going up. I know design and looks are essential. I do understand that. But I can't help myself. I feel grateful that we have a total of 261 bult/u/c proposed towers in play, and I'm kind of stuck on the whole "Volume" thing. I understand people are concerned, especially with Concord's track record, but I feel a bit spoiled living in Toronto with all the construction and planned towers going on. But that's just me, I guess.
😃

Last edited:
This shows up on my Facebook:

A new landmark has arrived with Concord Sky, featuring an exterior animation lighting system for celebrations of all kinds at the heart of Downtown Toronto. Register to learn more.

Concord Sky.jpg

Looks like around 2030 we could be counting down the New Year from Yonge-Dundas Square with a virtual ball drop on the side of this tower. And since they're going to rename the square, why not call it Concord Square (a la Times Square, which was renamed from Longacre square after the NY Times building) ;)

A new landmark has arrived with Concord Sky, featuring an exterior animation lighting system for celebrations of all kinds at the heart of Downtown Toronto. Register to learn more.

View attachment 374602

Looks like around 2030 we could be counting down the New Year from Yonge-Dundas Square with a virtual ball drop on the side of this tower. And since they're going to rename the square, why not call it Concord Square (a la Times Square, which was renamed from Longacre square after the NY Times building) ;)
I'm all for this, and that's a great idea. I hope the design comes out better than expected, but I'm willing to take a wait-and-see approach to this. Also, just having a huge tower near Dundas Square gives it a more Times Square-type feel to it and the lighting. I'm not saying they're exactly the same, but it's a step closer to that.

View attachment 374602

Even if the building may not have the architectural beauty but due its sheer location and size, It will be a defining feature. And mark my words, if they even do a decently good lighting, it will make the city look great ! I mean I hate to see the Aura during the day, but at night, It looks beautiful !

You probably won't see much of the tower, if any at all, while standing in Yonge Dundas Square anyhow.

Even if the building may not have the architectural beauty but due its sheer location and size, It will be a defining feature. And mark my words, if they even do a decently good lighting, it will make the city look great ! I mean I hate to see the Aura during the day, but at night, It looks beautiful !
Nope. Just nope. Every building should look great, mid rise to high rise. Tall buildings should excel, no excuses for this not being “an architectural beauty”.

Nope. Just nope. Every building should look great, mid rise to high rise. Tall buildings should excel, no excuses for this not being “an architectural beauty”.
Except that beauty is subjective? Some obviously find this design pleasant. Discounting their opinions means one believes their opinion is the only one that truly matters.

Sometimes, you just have to accept that there will always be something on the skyline that not everyone agrees upon.

Back