Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

If they ended up using a gold or Amber coloured glass it wouldn't look as bad....but it'll be green-blue unfortunately!

Is that likely going to be tiled artwork or actually coloured / stained glass ?

I don't like the coloured stripes at all. The designs are nothing interesting. So unfortunate. The possibilities here are amazing, but instead they go with this.

I don't hate this project, I think in the future when we get more tall developments on this side of the CN Tower, it will be good. :)

Too bad they have to resort to coloured decorations tacked on their buildings to make them remotely memorable and interesting.

Concord has done well with their public art, open spaces and building amenities and with every new building Concord does, the units, the interiors and common areas get better and better and compares very favorably with other condos in the city, however the exterior has always been relentlessly staid and lacking in elegance or exuberance. It's unfortunate Concord doesn't seem to have the courage to break out of their shell, especially on their tallest and last building of Cityplace. This could have been a winner but falls flat on their face.

This is basically a blown up version of the rest of their mediocre crap. I would say I'm disappointed, but I learned not to have any standards from Concord.

These towers remind me of Tea House on Yonge. They are completely ordinary with no visual interest or even the slightest attempt to impress. The flash of colour is just there to hide the fact that these buildings are completely generic. The fact that this is Concord's last chance to make a statement and give something back to the community, makes it that much worse. The height they are preposing demands something special. I am very disappointed in this development!

Why do Toronto developers lack ambition and the desire to give back to the city? I just don't get it, when so many other developers around the world are looking to innovate, we seem to be happy with mediocrity. (so frustrating)

Back