Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

Don't take it down. I think your photos are a good example that Cityplace is not the stereotypical community of tiny 1-bedroom shoebox units.
Cityplace has a number townhouse/live-work units, two-storey units, 2- and 3-bedroom units, and even some million dollar+ penthouse units, so there is something for everyone there. It will be a bit of time when retail will fill in and all of the streets will be fully connected to the city grid, then it will be well integrated with downtown and be a nicely accepted part of our city. The claims of a ghetto in the making is highly exaggerated and not likely to happen.
Cityplace is like many developments Concord/Adex has built in Vancouver and it has been well received and it's actually quite nice there.

Great views, a comfortable living room, good finishes and an interesting location--what more could you ask for? It's all the good stuff people want from a middle class downtown condo. I think CityPlace will turn out fine, though they should make these landmark towers better than what they have so far.

Tidy condo unit you had there. Doesn't change the fact that the project at hand is mediocre.

I'm almost convinced they didn't explore different possibilities for the massing. I think they just went <plop> and dropped a huge block on the full lot coverage as a podium without exploring the vast array of other options. Then they looked at it and went "Yeah, this works" and the rest is history.

Thanks Benito. I'm curious if the new owner left the wallpaper up or whether it was stripped down.

Liberty Village does seem to be built with a far superior variety of materials, designs, and styles. It is light years ahead of CityPlace in both substance and style.

Really....

Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 10.53.36 AM.png

Such beautiful materials. Such variety. Such beautiful design. So much style. So much substance.

Please.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 10.53.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 10.53.36 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,432
Really....

Such beautiful materials. Such variety. Such beautiful design. So much style. So much substance.

Please.

Come on Hawc... taking a picture of a small portion of LV and generalizing about the whole neighbourhood is just wrong. Look at these historic townhomes:

C1819838.jpg

So much character. This is what Concord Adex needs to build on Block 22. Then CityPlace would be just like LV!

PS. LOVE your old place. Didn't realize you had moved out, but noticed you no longer post in the CityPlace Facebook group.

Attachments

• C1819838.jpg
    C1819838.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 2,136
^^^ Heheh :cool:

Yup. Moved into a house in Cabbagetown. I really like living in a house, but CityPlace was great and I would have happily lived there longer.

I don't see how anyone can argue CT is not superior to LV ... granted the western edge of LV is a bit different and has charterer. But the eastern portion of the site is horrendous, CT the architecture is interesting regardless what folks say, there is retail, which also gets more interesting every passing year ..

^^ Wouldn't call its architecture 'interesting' (with the exception of Parade), but I would agree that it is superior to that of LV. As for the planning, I bet WDL is going to surpass either of them.

Block 22

^^ Wouldn't call its architecture 'interesting' (with the exception of Parade), but I would agree that it is superior to that of LV. As for the planning, I bet WDL is going to surpass either of them.

This is a thread , related to the Block 22 , but not to the City Place as a whole , though...

Very tastefully decorated inside, hawc. Thanks for posting those.

Beautiful place indeed hawc ... thanks for sharing ... I would have never though that is a Cityplace condo

Back