Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

The previous design in the international design competition was rejected...for this? You'd think it was rejected for something better.

It wasn't a design competition. The competition was to pick a winning firm with P+S coming out on top, to our misfortune.

Not a fan of the colourful patch work... seems like too many colours, limit it to 2 colours maybe 3 and have a palette that works together. Who puts red and green anywhere close together... barf. I don't mind the dull design, I didn't expect otherwise, but those panels I hope get reworked. Something like RCMI or no.210 have really nice coloured panels. I hope they modify this.

I have been clear about this: the art as shown is notional. It is not the design. It is just showing where the design—whatever is eventually chosen—will go.

The very informed person sitting next to me confirms that the project will not be marketed as "Signature". I am changing the name of the thread to reflect that now.

The very informed person sitting next to me confirms that the project will not be marketed as "Signature". I am changing the name of the thread to reflect that now.

Perhaps because the design cannot measure up to the name? Maybe they'll call it "Just Like Other CP Buildings, But Taller".

Perhaps because the design cannot measure up to the name? Maybe they'll call it "Just Like Other CP Buildings, But Taller".

It actually hasn't been referred to as Signature for quite some time now. Block 22 has been the working name for this project.

I never thought it would be. The term "signature tower" simply means the most recognized, presumably "iconic", tower of a collection.

It will be weird to not see the sales centre there. Probably the first structure built in this condo boom.

They aren't AS bad as I was thinking... like still pretty meh 5/10. But they aren't a total disaster.

My guess is 3 elevators. Nothing like living on the 65th floor of a building built on a tight, tight budget.

First thing in the morning - even before you are dressed - run out to the hall to press the elevator button knowing you will
now have at least 30 minutes before an elevator arrives.

I lived in one of those kinds of buildings for 6 months and coming from from work was hell. I would go to a coffee shop just to kill time, so I'd get there after 7 pm and not have to wait in a line up, just to get to my apartment. I'll never move into a place like that again. I lived on the 10th floor and always walked down the stairs when leaving. People need to think about that when buying a condo because it effects your quality of life. I couldn't take more than 6 months of that BS.

I lived in one of those kinds of buildings for 6 months and coming from from work was hell. I would go to a coffee shop just to kill time, so I'd get there after 7 pm and not have to wait in a line up, just to get to my apartment. I'll never move into a place like that again. I lived on the 10th floor and always walked down the stairs when leaving. People need to think about that when buying a condo because it effects your quality of life. I couldn't take more than 6 months of that BS.

i lived there for 7 years and left 4 years ago. I lived on the high floor and loved it there, Im move there next month. I experienced none of the issues you did and i was there for much longer and neither do the many, many who live there.

i lived there for 7 years and left 4 years ago. I lived on the high floor and loved it there, Im move there next month. I experienced none of the issues you did and i was there for much longer and neither do the many, many who live there.

Same here. 2 years and never had any issues. Property management would always promote that our building had the fastest residential elevators in the city too.

Same here. 2 years and never had any issues. Property management would always promote that our building had the fastest residential elevators in the city too.

No such problems in my building either

Back