Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

Elevations are totally flat, with all perspective removed. You cannot tell anything about the building's form from them.

That's what I thought, but the image on the Development Application notice appears to show two rectangular towers.

A building with a cruciform plan will appear "rectangular" in an elevation because an elevation is a vertical 2D projection.

From what I can recall it's more the shape of each tower is more like the chevrolet logo than a +

Like so - filled in areas are recessed balconies

vuMkCUl.jpg

This is correct, and the elevations shown on the sign so far look like the renderings I saw. The design is really nothing special. A lot of people are going to be disappointed here.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is correct, and the elevations shown on the sign so far look like the renderings I saw. The design is really nothing special. A lot of people are going to be disappointed here.

We were already disappointed once we'd read the words "Page+Steele".

I wonder what it will be called? As far as I know, it was never going to be called "Signature Tower", that was a widely spread misunderstanding of it being the final, signature (as in showcase) tower of the CityPlace development.

Most seem to care only about height and these suckers deliver in that department.

Indeed - going from Busby to aA to P+S is like being promised filet mignon and getting served McDonalds Happy Meal.

Make that 2 Happy Meals.

They've been supersized, though.

I've never had a Happy Meal though, can they even be supersized? Would a supersized Happy Meal be called an Orgasmic Meal?

Probably the wrong question to ask in a forum about giant erections.

Last edited:
Indeed - going from Busby to aA to P+S is like being promised filet mignon and getting served McDonalds Happy Meal.

Make that 2 Happy Meals.

AoD

Based on CityPlace's building design evolution, they reached "Happy Meals" with Parade, with the skybridge and Approaching Red being the toys. Spectra/Quartz/FWD are Taco Bell territory. I shudder to think what these Signature towers will look like.

Based on CityPlace's building design evolution, they reached "Happy Meals" with Parade, with the skybridge and Approaching Red being the toys. Spectra/Quartz/FWD are Taco Bell territory. I shudder to think what these Signature towers will look like.

Continuing the metaphor, I suspect we'll wind up with day-old poutine.

The thread title for these towers has been altered to reflect that the penthouse levels of these two towers are the 75th and 64th floors. The 79 and 68-storey counts reflected mechanical levels above (along with a lounge sandwiched in amongst them on each tower) which we do not count for our total number of floors.

With the elimination of the -4s and the 13th from the floor numbering system, I expect we will see the towers quoted as 83 and 71 storeys tall.

The shorter tower is 215.43 m tall, or 706 feet, while the taller one is 247.23 m, or 811 feet tall.

Last edited:
The thread title for these towers has been altered to reflect that the penthouse levels of these two towers are the 75th and 64th floors. The 79 and 68-storey counts reflected mechanical levels above (along with a lounge sandwiched in amongst them on each tower) which we do not count for our total number of floors.

With the elimination of the -4s and the 13th from the floor numbering system, I expect we will see the towers quoted as 83 and 71 storeys tall.

The shorter tower is 215.43 m tall, or 706 feet, while the taller one is 247.23 m, or 811 feet tall.

Great thanks for the info. Not bad heights overall. Another two 200m+ proposals for the city. Hopefully they won't get chopped down in height because any further height loss will really ruin the "signature" tall tower effect they are going for. You wouldn't want these to blend in with the other Cityplace towers.

Great thanks for the info. Not bad heights overall. Another two 200m+ proposals for the city. Hopefully they won't get chopped down in height because any further height loss will really ruin the "signature" tall tower effect they are going for. You wouldn't want these to blend in with the other Cityplace towers.

Depending on how mediocre their design is, that might be ideal.

Back