Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

there are ceritanly a few ugly ducklings among the bunch, particularly West Block and Lumen / Spectra, but most are pretty much just bland. Luna is downright great.
Some thoughts from the Concorde Sky thread:
West One / N1, Montage / Neo and Luna / Luna Vista are all pretty excellent projects. Even Apex / Apex 2 were very good for their day (almost 20 years ago now). At the time, Alan Vihant was VP Development at Concord and Prish Jain was directly under him. There was a real sense that architecture mattered at the time and it's just simply incorrect to say that it's 'all crap'.

Post 2010, when Alan and Prish left, things started to go downhill. Parade / Parade 2 had an ambitious idea, but fell victim to significant cost-cutting, to the point that KPF asked not to be associated with that project. Things then tumbled further with Quartz, Spectra and Panorama. Nowadays, the less said about Central, the better (though that's just Kirkor in another firm's clothes). What will happen with Sky? Who knows. At least we can take some comfort in the fact that it's aA at the helm there.

The point I'm making is that (for me at least) real estate development is about the stories behind the buildings, almost as much as the buildings themselves. Picking apart the minutiae and dissecting why something looks like it does is not only fun, it gives colour to the values underlying what we look at and the world(s) we inhabit.

Today

877C4A84-D025-40BB-8325-46D14E512CBE.jpeg

There is a rumour floating around, that the last, largest CityPlace tower is undergoing a re-design; and now will be a turning-torso design....has anyone else heard this?...

/not an April fool's joke...
I haven’t heard that, is it being renovated now?

Ha! I do remember that post. Ahhh, we were so young...

Speaking of 1939 (when we were young)... just for laughs, here's a screenshot of part of an ancient future rendering viewed from Cherry Beach (obviously when Oxford's mega-development of the convention centre was in play).

The arrow added points at "Signature" in CityPlace, originally planned for the Canada House site... and I honestly can't remember if this "Signature" was a genuine incarnation of Concord's plans, or if I just tired of seeing their V-E'd revisions and invented this version myself. 🙃

Signature-city-place.jpg

Speaking of 1939 (when we were young)... just for laughs, here's a screenshot of part of an ancient future rendering viewed from Cherry Beach (obviously when Oxford's mega-development of the convention centre was in play).

The arrow added points at "Signature" in CityPlace, originally planned for the Canada House site... and I honestly can't remember if this "Signature" was a genuine incarnation of Concord's plans, or if I just tired of seeing their V-E'd revisions and invented this version myself. 🙃

View attachment 427342
Looks like that captures all the towers that BlogTo promised we were ‘getting’

A few different takes, from Sept 21st, 2022:

First, a sense of the scale of this podium, looking across the "The Quay" site as Concorde Canada House appears on both sides of a building in the foreground:

DSC09730.JPG

Now, looking up Spadina, from Queen's Quay W:

DSC09734.JPG

DSC09735.JPG

From here, the sun was setting quickly as my walk continued, and it was nightfall when I caught this view down Spadina:

DSC09783.JPG

Back