Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

Apr 14, 2021

C0F444D3-E57F-4F07-ADB0-E354B6795126_1_201_a.jpeg

F48398E0-B699-4B99-B178-C87C541C509D_1_201_a.jpeg

C2B351FC-70EC-4904-91F5-C035724F89B8_1_201_a.jpeg

F717BD5C-AD53-431B-8FDA-6CE94A259A61_1_201_a.jpeg

It's amazing to me that a 234m, 69-storey building has only a 95 page history on this Forum. It's either an indication of Toronto's incredible building boom....or the sad design of this particular building. Probably both. Seems to me this is rising almost unnoticed....or if we pretend it's not being built, no one will see this Kennar Build-All abomination.

It's amazing to me that a 234m, 69-storey building has only a 95 page history on this Forum. It's either an indication of Toronto's incredible building boom....or the sad design of this particular building. Probably both. Seems to me this is rising almost unnoticed....or if we pretend it's not being built, no one will see this Kennar Build-All abomination.
...especially given this building's proximity to the Rogers Centre.

Given the developer that's involved here, we already know what to expect (in other words, this isn't going to be a good build) so most of us just continue with our day to day affairs without caring much about what's happening here.

It's interesting seeing the structure itself rise (which is probably what most of us here check in on), but asides from that most of us know that quality of materials that will be used here will be absolutely pathetic so we don't want to waste our breath.

Yeah, sad resignation is the mood with this building for me and that doesn't create the excitement to post. It also feels like it's been in the ground for an eon. I know it's likely going to be bad and at this point and just wish it was done and over with so the area could start to become more knit-together on the ground instead of just being an ongoing construction site. Its defining decorative features — the maple leaves and the colours going up to the top — might be a little bit compelling as an addition to the skyline if you don't look too closely at them, but even with those I don't have much hope and expect them to, if anything, lessen a lot of views of the city since IMO they are tacky in concept and in the renderings and will likely be even worse in execution. We'll see.

It appears that they’re getting the swing of things here and they’re starting to pick up the pace, (finally). Was that 1 floor in 11 days?

Back