Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

when is thing supposed to break ground. does anyone know?

Not any time soon - Concord still has a lot of units to move in the Parade, Panorama and even Luna buildings. I wouldn't expect any movement on this project for at least a year.

Re: Decking the tracks - not going to happen due to cost and the regulatory framework involved with the city and the railways - getting a small pedestrian bridge approved over the tracks ended up being a multi-year saga. There's just too many headaches involved for Concord to realistically take a stab at decking the railways.

Not any time soon - Concord still has a lot of units to move in the Parade, Panorama and even Luna buildings. I wouldn't expect any movement on this project for at least a year.

Re: Decking the tracks - not going to happen due to cost and the regulatory framework involved with the city and the railways - getting a small pedestrian bridge approved over the tracks ended up being a multi-year saga. There's just too many headaches involved for Concord to realistically take a stab at decking the railways.
Thats right because i remember that they said they would start breaking ground around the time parade finishes

I personally dont really mind the tracks. Other than the exhaust and excessive noise, I like what they stand for, and their place in the urban landscape.

From what I have read on here from time to time, this may just be a long term inevitability, at which point, as long as the design is well thought out, I wouldnt mind so much.

this tower is going to be massive! currently, the designs seem kinda average though. i should hope that this SIGNATURE tower will have a redesign to make it more respectable.

anyway, i don't think they will be tampering with the tracks anytime soon. seems like an engineering nightmare and generally too expensive.

i wouldn't mind though if the developers put aside some money for ALOT of trees and benches within the vicinity of this building. maybe a fountain? perhaps even more important would be some quality sculpture. the company could commission some of toronto's struggling artists to create some beautiful work.

i find toronto really lags behind nyc and chicago in this department. public art is very precious to me.

this tower is going to be massive! currently, the designs seem kinda average though. i should hope that this SIGNATURE tower will have a redesign to make it more respectable.

anyway, i don't think they will be tampering with the tracks anytime soon. seems like an engineering nightmare and generally too expensive.

i wouldn't mind though if the developers put aside some money for ALOT of trees and benches within the vicinity of this building. maybe a fountain? perhaps even more important would be some quality sculpture. the company could commission some of toronto's struggling artists to create some beautiful work.

i find toronto really lags behind nyc and chicago in this department. public art is very precious to me.

Melbourne Australia has done a good job covering certain sections of their tracks.

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgu...ges?q=melbourne+covers+rail+tracks&um=1&hl=en

I heard a rumour that Concord Adex just bought the Wittington Properties lands, just west of the new park. Looks like 'signature' might be further off than expected, if they decide to develop those lands first.

Sounds likely. It's been expected that Concord would eventually acquire and develop block 33 and 37.

I was really looking forward to a Superstore opening there :/

I heard a rumour that Concord Adex just bought the Wittington Properties lands, just west of the new park. Looks like 'signature' might be further off than expected, if they decide to develop those lands first.

Negotiations for that parcel have been going on for quite some time. The 'signature tower' would most likely proceed after those lands are developed if the land deal goes through for Concord.

Gee what would they call those towers??I mean some of Concord's names are truly stupid, Parade, anyone??

edit: Hey, this way Panorama won't be completely disconnected from the rest of the development.

Yeah, now there will be 2, or maybe 3 buildings including Panorama disconnected from the rest of the development.

If they can ever get that art deco warehouse restored and retrofited into a future supermarket/offices,and if LTD and the 2 TCHC towers/park get build,plus Malibu and these 3 Cityplace developments,throw in the new Bathurst street bridge expansion and it should make Lower Bathurst a pretty intresting area.
Also dont forget there are 3-4 new developments planned for nearby Fort York Blvd.It will difinetly be a different looking area in the next 5 years.

Last edited:
there's an interesting ad in the newest Condo Guide (March30/09), on pages 40 and 41, where Concord Adex recap their successes in Vancouver and Toronto ...("20 Creative Years, 15,000 Dream Homes, 2 Urban Coastlines, 1 Brilliant Visionary")...etc,etc...

They talk about Cityplace, "which frames Toronto's downtown lakefront with 5,000 homes today, and 2,500 to come."..guess this must include the buildings still u/c...

There is a small drawing of the entire project.....what caught my eye is that Signature Tower is included in the drawing - /realizing that it's just a drawing and there is artistic license at work/

Signature Tower is looking huge in this ad - almost twice the height of any of the other towers, including ones that we know are 49 storeys..

All the others buildings already built or underway are nicely to scale..

/just an observation....I know that nothing is opening for sales now, nothing is getting built now, but someone at Concord Adex must have approved the artwork.....:cool:

Back