Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

This proposal looks very exciting, I like it a lot.
Give them a little more height than they are asking for in exchange for improvements and additions to Canoe Landing Park.

Finally a competition for a major highrise on the waterfront. This is what i have been waiting for. The buzz for this could put a little pressure on the upcoming structures to bump it up a bit. Nice to see

stunning! feels like a new era for Toronto architecture is upon us with some of these new designs. I just returned from London where debate about what constitutes fine architecture is so very exciting (and produces buildings such as the Pinnacle, etc.). what struck me is how engaged Londoners are in the discussion - especially if it's a highrise!

Given that RAW has already published the design, I doubt that it won the competition, as Concord would probably want to reveal the design itself.

It looks good but I don't see 10 floors of retail / office use ... and with that, I don't care how good it looks, scrap it. Of course I could be wrong and there indeed be retail in on of the bases.

They better stick to their word on that, the area really needs it.

The way streets are labeled, the buildings would have to be situated on either the SE or NW corner of Spadina and Blue Jays Way... but the Signature Tower site is the NE corner...

Actually it is the SE corner. You may be thinking of Bremner blvd. [^ hah, i was too slow - always lots of people to correct stuff on the internet ^]

I'm eager to see what they choose for this site.

Now im lost on where you guys think this is going:confused:

View from the north, SE corner of Spadina & BJW.

signature.jpg

Back