Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

I also think because the town sized podium took seemingly forever to be build, the towers appear to go up quicker. Of coarse, the issue of large floor plates versus smaller ones may not be so much of a difference in the techniques applied to building it. But it's an almost *given that something larger will likely always take more time to build than something smaller. So here we are...

*Note: The idea with The One taking sooooo long at the beginning wasn't because it had a very large podium bit, rather it had a lot of complicated reinforcing to do at its bottom end that made it feel like it could almost be a town sized podium in time passing. Or something like that...

Stupid questions incoming...
1) Would the public be able to see any assignment sales of this building taking place, similar to how one can see sales on housesigma?
2) When would the earliest we would see someone formally listing a unit on realtor.ca? Do they come online in piecemeal similar to the construction of the building for e.g. podium units can be listed for sale/rent on realtor because they are allowed to move in a for example a few months before the tower units?

Cheers

From what I've seen of a pre-con building in my area, assignment sales appeared on Realtor with about two years of construction left on the building.

Stupid questions incoming...
1) Would the public be able to see any assignment sales of this building taking place, similar to how one can see sales on housesigma?
2) When would the earliest we would see someone formally listing a unit on realtor.ca? Do they come online in piecemeal similar to the construction of the building for e.g. podium units can be listed for sale/rent on realtor because they are allowed to move in a for example a few months before the tower units?

Cheers
condonow says occupancy is next september, definitely delayed since last updated in 2017 but were about 1.5 out from completion, there should be sporadic assignments over the next year and a half. most assign at the very end though

A63E77E1-FDA2-4AE6-8F6F-EA2949D5AECF.jpeg
586EF70F-AFC3-4D65-BE21-A0D902138094.jpeg

I wish the podium had a lot more (2? 3? levels) commercial (I know why it doesn't, but we can all dream sometimes!) but I think this is turning out well. Don't let me down, tower cladding...
Yup, it should have been Siam Paragon with towers above. The area is under-retailed.

Just a thought! If the average condo floor plate is about 10ft. And the highest part of this development is 768ft at 74 storeys, is too low in my opinion lol! Shouldn't the total hieght be about 800ft or more? By just looking at main, top podium and mechanical floors, plus the parapet section. The 28 extra feet doesn't seem to be enough for the extra areas! The floor plates must be small lol!

No developers here would spend that kind of money, Icon Siam across the river is even better. They spent over 1,500,000,000 Euros 5 years ago.
Experiential retail doesn't have the same earning-effect here that it does in Asian cities, unfortunately. @AlbertC and I have gone back and forth a couple times on our favourite Hong Kong malls, but that kind of complex is basically unheard of here as North Americans just don't see riding a goddamn escalator as the kind of exhausting, depleting, debilitating thing they want to do. It's extremely weird.

Back