First, from Front St, between the towers:

DSC09608.JPG

DSC09609.JPG

DSC09610.JPG

Now from Spadina:

DSC09616.JPG

DSC09621.JPG

DSC09624.JPG

Agreed. Given the scale there is an argument that they should have done something a bit more daring here, but this isn’t bad, just boring, and there is a big difference in that.
And there you have it, " ... isn't bad, just boring ... ". The developer will make a good return on investment.

At least it's 10X better than Nobu (I never thought I'd be saying that about a CityPlace development).
I mean the criticism here is the same for most of City Place - most of the buildings by Concord aren't bad, just boring. Some of them are actually quite good. City Place's problem has never been that the buildings are inherently ugly, just incredibly uninteresting. That's fine for individual projects, but City Place struggles because a similar, bland architectural style is multiplied across an entire district.

I mean the criticism here is the same for most of City Place - most of the buildings by Concord aren't bad, just boring. Some of them are actually quite good. City Place's problem has never been that the buildings are inherently ugly, just incredibly uninteresting. That's fine for individual projects, but City Place struggles because a similar, bland architectural style is multiplied across an entire district.

I personally disagree with this, I don't think most of their buildings just boring. They are very ugly to me. From the renderings of this one, I thought it was much nicer in contrast, plus the size and location had me excited.

Ladies and Gentlemen we are only on the podium levels, let's wait until we get to the towers themselves. That's where Concord usually brings the garbage.

Concord's builds are more the just disappointing 90% of the time. Just look at West Block, and Central Condos in the entertainment district; they havent gotten their act together since CityPlace.

Ladies and Gentlemen we are only on the podium levels, let's wait until we get to the towers themselves. That's where Concord usually brings the garbage.

Concord's builds are more the just disappointing 90% of the time. Just look at West Block, and Central Condos in the entertainment district; they havent gotten their act together since CityPlace.

Yeah I spoke to soon. I just got excited when I saw the dark cladding on the podium, but you are correct. I'll wait a bit longer until I see how the towers start to shape up.

I personally disagree with this, I don't think most of their buildings just boring. They are very ugly to me. From the renderings of this one, I thought it was much nicer in contrast, plus the size and location had me excited.
there are ceritanly a few ugly ducklings among the bunch, particularly West Block and Lumen / Spectra, but most are pretty much just bland. Luna is downright great.

Back