Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

yyzer

Member Bio
Reaction score
There is a rumour floating around, that the last, largest CityPlace tower is undergoing a re-design; and now will be a turning-torso design....has anyone else heard this?...

/not an April fool's joke...

Last edited:
It's nice to report rumors but could you mention where those rumors are "floating around"? Perhaps that would give some credence to this suggestion.

That said, CityPlace has made such an impression on downtown Toronto (and made a huge fistload of cash to Concord-Adex no doubt); from lower Spadina to Bremner Blvd now reaching Bathurst. I think it's fitting that they top the development off with a new iconic tower for Toronto, visible and noticeable in our signature skyline photo.

the rumour is from within the real estate industry - that's all I can say right now..

remember, at this point it is only a rumour...

edit: Canuck, didn't see your post - my rumour is actually from someone else...

the rumour is from within the real estate industry - that's all I can say right now..

remember, at this point it is only a rumour...

Fair enough...

I presume Calatrava would be involved since he's the authority on the turning torso?

Spanish style?

0902_B01.jpg

Arkinetia_Santiago_Calatrava_Torre_Turning_Torso_en_Malm___Suecia_qqqARTID0000000105-IMG001_r68.jpg

malmo10.JPG

Chicago Spire style?

cslgdc0.jpg

3-chicago-spire.jpg

Hey maybe they'll reach their last piece of real estate and realize... we can still sell a ton of units.. let's go for a super tall tower to go out in fashion.

I'm sure there is enough density allowed in that area for a 1,000 footer with all the amenities being added around there. They also certainly have a large enough lot for something of that magnitude.

re: Calatrava:

Yeah, in your dreams, MetroMan....

Yah I know. Ryerson scared him out of the city for good.

...but then again. Concord can call him up and say: "Hey, you know that tower you're building in Chicago? We'll buy the plans off you, adapt it to Toronto and give you credit. You'll never have to even come here.". :D

It's nice to report rumors but could you mention where those rumors are "floating around"? Perhaps that would give some credence to this suggestion.

That said, CityPlace has made such an impression on downtown Toronto (and made a huge fistload of cash to Concord-Adex no doubt); from lower Spadina to Bremner Blvd now reaching Bathurst. I think it's fitting that they top the development off with a new iconic tower for Toronto, visible and noticeable in our signature skyline photo.

It would be nice if they built ONE nice tower in that development. City Place is such a wasted opportunity.

An iconic tower anywhere down is out of place since we don't have any. Our nicest tower is Scotia Plaza. It's nice but it's definitely not iconic.

Just because San Francisco's Transamerica Pyramid is more "iconic" than the TD Centre doesn't make it better.

Oh, and re "iconic", what's the CN Tower? Chopped liver?

Back