Toronto 191 Bay | 301.74m | 64s | QuadReal | Hariri Pontarini

I have a question for everyone since Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak crisis and everything turn very bad but I did started to worry about project but I want to know do crisis will harm or ruin this project? if death tolls rise 100 times than today death toll? would be harm this project? yes or no? because death rate rise and birth rate low? economy will turn weakness, what I am worry right now

From the Earth's perspective, the human pandemic started around the year 1800: https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

Half of UrbanToronto is speculating on things we don’t know.

The thread is currently featured on the UrbanToronto home page. If you don’t want people commenting old threads, UT should learn not to feature them.
My apologies. It sure looks like people are lined up to respond!

My apologies. It sure looks like people are lined up to respond!

Don't apologize.

The speculation on this would be annoying in normal times and carries an added level of absurdity now.

Informed speculation where you have some substance to work with is fine.........and is part of UT, but people raising issues who have nothing to go on is tiresome.

I hasten to add, in the non-UT world the 10,000,000 self-appointed experts on Covid-19 (in Ontario alone) are a bit much to bear.

They come at both ends from the pro-fascist shoot someone if they leave the house set; to the it's a hoax people.

Both sets are terribly taxing.

People everywhere would be well served to offer fewer uninformed comments; and spend more time doing research so they can offer others facts and knowledge and get the same in return.

The site will be developed eventually. Maybe this proposal, maybe something different. Right now nothing is happening.

No one knows what a "new normal" will be. Too many crystal ball speculations. It could be like the old normal.

Humanity isn't a "pandemic" to the Earth. That's rather misanthropic.

I wonder if office projects like this that haven’t started yet will be cancelled given the looming recession. It will be a long time before everybody is working from the office again and there will be many more employees demanding to work from home even after a vaccine is available.

After the 1918 "Spanish" Flu, there was a recession that was followed by a "boom" called the "Roaring Twenties". That only ended with the Great Depression, which had other reasons for its occurrence.

After the 1918 "Spanish" Flu, there was a recession that was followed by a "boom" called the "Roaring Twenties". That only ended with the Great Depression, which had other reasons for its occurrence.
I'm not a history/economics buff but wouldn't the end of WW1 also contribute to that boom?

After everyone is vaccinated I think all governments will encourage the white collar workers to go to work in their offices. To help stimulate the economy for the downtown core area business etc!

The site will be developed eventually.
Why should we assume that everything is developable? We would not feel that the redevelopment of major parks (or urban plazas) or the demolition of architecturally significant buildings are inevitable. In this proposal, we have both, with the additional negative impact on the heritage Bank of Commerce Building. if we had an urban design department and a heritage preservations department that actually did their jobs, this proposal would have been dead in the water from its inception.

Toronto Model 03-12-21 CC3.png

The Toronto skyline is becoming crowded with tall buildings, which makes it very impressive.

I just wish they were closer together, kind of like NY. Also, I wish some of them had more colour and shape to them as opposed to crappy glass rectangles all over the place. My favorite new building is the PJ condos on John Street and the condo at 1 St.Thomas. (not sure how old that one is but seeing as most new buildings in the last 15/20 years are the glass box's I'm referring it nice for a newer type building)

I can't stand those circular condos at the Queen Quay and Simcoe. They're actually embarrassing to be honest. Same with the ones at Front and Blue Jays Way.

Last edited:

Back