Toronto 191 Bay | 301.74m | 64s | QuadReal | Hariri Pontarini

In Toronto?

There has been little contemplation over PEI's Commerce Court in this thread regardless which way you lean on its heritage status The focus has been another really tall tower in the skyline.

A bit dated now but still an interesting image:

HPA Portfolio Page 016.jpg

Few outside of skyscraper circles have even heard of 300m as some sort of benchmark. No one in Planning cares about arbitrary numbers like that. Planning certainly cared about height back in 1972 when FCP was working its way through the process - to a final height of 298m. That's that's before the internet and sites like this one and any notion that 300m is some mystery number that we just can't seem to reach.

Your Alex Jones-ing 300m is buffoonish.

Especially since in the 70's Canada was still using imperial measurements. In '72 it was being debated...but not finalized. 978 feet was a hard benchmark back then. Planning put their foot down! :D

REPORT FOR ACTION 56 Yonge Street, 21 Melinda Street, 18 to 30 Wellington Street West, 187 to 199 Bay Street and 25 King Street West – Zoning Amendment Application – Notice of Pending Report

Summary
Staff will be bringing forward a report on the above-noted application to the June 25, 2019 meeting of the Toronto and East York Community Council.​

this will probably get approved but with some recommended changes so it respects city's rules and regulations.

Out of curiosity, why would the staff report for this come back so fast as opposed to Mirvish and Gehry which was resubmitted at Christmas? I was hoping to see that project in sales this summer finally!

Out of curiosity, why would the staff report for this come back so fast as opposed to Mirvish and Gehry which was resubmitted at Christmas? I was hoping to see that project in sales this summer finally!
mirvish and gehry was approved years ago

yeah i have noticed that, commercial/offices are approved much quicker than resid.......

Back