Toronto The College Condominium | 52.73m | 15s | Tribute | Core Architects

Core seems to move ever closer to Clewesian perfection with each new project. Their recent stuff in Ottawa (eg. SoBa) is also quite excellent.

This will be a great addition to College street. Awesome central location too - walking distance to Spadina/Chinatown, U of T, Little Italy, Kensington...I should buy here!

Core seems to move ever closer to Clewesian perfection with each new project. Their recent stuff in Ottawa (eg. SoBa) is also quite excellent.

Core is doing some very nice work and it seems to be getting better and better, but to call it Clewesian isn't what I would call a big compliment. I've never been bowled over by Aa's work, apart from the TDCCBR, which they take credit for, but didn't actually design. It was Behnisch.

Last edited:
via Councillor Vaughan:

Meeting about Proposed Developments: 99 Oxford St and 297 College St

Date: Tuesday September 4, 2012
Time: 6:30 – 8:30 pm

Join Councillor Vaughan and City Planning staff to hear about two proposed developments in Kensington Market and provide your feedback.

99 Oxford Street – this is a pre-application meeting about a future Committee of Adjustment application for a multi-unit building.

297 College Street – this is an update about the proposed development at the Zen Buddhist Temple site by Tribute Communities. The proposal is for a 15-storey building with retail at grade.

This looks great. I would love to see oh, a few hundred more structures of similar scale on comparably underused sites along commercial streets like College, Queen, and Dundas. The other strip mall at College/Augusta would be my nomination for immediate conversion after this.

Indeed. I like the colorful protruding elements on the side. Although the image depicts grey/white brick now(?). I preferred the black brick as seen in the original renderings.

13UbN.jpg

Last edited:
I don't like what happened to it since the last renderings we saw. Still interesting though.

Yeah, it looks a little clunkier at top and unfortunately they've lost the brick. It is still interesting though, no doubt, and as long as that colour stays I'm pretty excited about this one.

Back