Toronto

Code Condos, The | 30m | 9s | BLVD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

AlbertC

Member Bio
Reaction score

AlbertC

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is the location of that stalled construction mess on St. Clair. More info in this BlogTO article. Looks like a new developer has picked up the site and moving forward with a new proposal. I'm glad to see that blight finally gone.

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
There was a thread for that site, but cannot find the original name for it.

It has been a blight for years and after a few fail attempts to get it going, it die. The last try was in 2010.

Since this building is plan on being 10's, the current site will be torn down 100%.

investican

Member Bio
Reaction score
Lifetime/BLVD has bought the property.

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
There was a thread for that site, but cannot find the original name for it.
I know there was something in UT for this location too - but I cannot find it anywhere either. No idea why not. Anyway, it's great to finally have some good news for this site.

AlbertC

Member Bio
Reaction score
http://joshmatlow.ca/public-meeting-notices/1179-notice-public-meeting-for-proposed-redevelopment-of-282-st-clair-avenue-west.html

The original plan for this site was for an 11 storey condo building with 136 units. As a result of the hard work and advocacy from many in the community, including the strong showing at the previous public meeting I held, the developer is now submitting a revised plan for a 9 storey condo building with a maximum of 118 units. We have also pressed the developer into providing a more appropriate transition to the neighbourhood to the east and north of the site, additional set-backs and terracing off St. Clair, increased sidewalk width, retention of mature trees on Parkwood and improved landscaping.

There is still more work to be done. For example, I am working with City Planning toward a further reduction in units.

ProjectEnd

Member Bio
Reaction score
"I am working with City Planning toward a further reduction in units."

What a jackass. 11 storeys is perfectly acceptable for a site beside a streetcar line, even if it isn't officially an 'avenue' through here.