Toronto Toronto Coach Terminal Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | CreateTO

Some brief commentary about the building at the NW corner of Bay & Dundas, as Uncle Tetsu's moved across the street to the Atrium:

Of course, the TERMINAL did not declare bankruptcy (it was owned by a TTC subsidiary) and I had not heard that the City bought the old Uncle Tetsu building. The TTC & the City are now looking at redevelopment plans for the Coach Terminal. Greyhound did leave Canada but the intercity buses are now all concentrated at the new GO Bus terminal.

I worked inside that corner building from around 2012-15 and it was quite an experience to say the least. A heritage calibre exterior no doubt, with some interior bones full of potential, including one of the city's oldest remaining hand cranked elevators, but there were lots of issues inside from hygiene to possible safety infractions.

A community info session was held on July 21, 2022:

610b.JPG
610b2.JPG
610b3.JPG
610b4.JPG
610b5.JPG
610b6.JPG
610b7.JPG
610b8.JPG
610b9.JPG
610b10.JPG

A unique view overlooking the former bus terminal.

From Naibank.Eng on IG:

Screenshot_20221117-193116_Instagram.jpg

I shutter to think who's going to get their hands on this. For some reason I dont think we'll be pleased with the outcome.

I shutter to think who's going to get their hands on this. For some reason I dont think we'll be pleased with the outcome.
I'm sure the FODF Group will express a strong interest, if they haven't already. (Friends of Doug Ford for anyone still unaware of this powerful lobbying organization)

I’m surprised that the parking lot north of the old bus terminal isn’t included in the site. I’m pretty sure that it’s owned by the city.

Back