Toronto CN Tower: Entry Pavilion, Plaza, Renos | ?m | ?s | CLC | Arcadis

They seem to be support for a special type of scaffolding that (and this is my guess now) might be being used for cleaning the windows and exterior.

I'll post a picture later.

I emailed the CN Tower and asked them what is going on above the restaurant and this was their reply: "Thank you for your interest in the CN Tower. In answer to your question, our facilities and engineering team are working on some enhancements to the pod structure above the restaurant." I asked for more information but they said they couldn't provide any further details. What do you suppose is going to happen? Do you think they're just replacing the metal paneling or something else? I'd like to see some LED lighting above the restaurant but was told that isn't part of this plan.

If it's just maintenance than why would they be so secretive? The woman I spoke with said she couldn't give me any further details. If they were just repairing something I would think they wouldn't be hesitant to share that information. Maybe I'll try emailing them again but start dishing out threats this time.

I dunno, since the CN Tower has major security concerns (just look at the screening before you can go up), it doesn't completely surprise me that they don't openly divulge their maintenance and repair plans.

I dunno, since the CN Tower has major security concerns (just look at the screening before you can go up), it doesn't completely surprise me that they don't openly divulge their maintenance and repair plans.

That's rubbish. I haven't planned a terrorist attack on the CN Tower in years.

Since taking the original photo, I've noticed they've added square boxes going along the rooftop. Maybe these are electrical boxes (LED's?), or perhaps structural supports for something else to fit over them?

5658960029_0c9afc93b0_b.jpg

When I emailed them and asked whether they were installing LEDs, they said no. Who really knows though? I would think LEDs would be placed at the base of that slanted roof, where they used to have lights years ago. I hope they're lights as the upper half of the main pod is only partially utilized at night. That red band also used to be illuminated, but I haven't seen it lit in well over a decade. I wonder what those blue covers are for?

The 'blue covers' in the pic are actually the mesh fencing. They put it up when they're working, and then lower it again when they're done at the end of the day.

Taken today. Looks like those metal square boxes from the previous pic, are being used to support the hoists. They now appear to be adding some type of track railing

5662058508_ab77af432a_b.jpg

Have you noticed anything new Tommy? That rail is interesting. I wonder what it's for?

I have a suggestion:
It would be interesting to have a video camera mounted on the 'rail' so that we could have a continuously-moving panorama of the city and surroundings.

it's going to be something interesting, you'll hear more about it mid summer. Cannot divulge anything else.

Back