Toronto CN Tower: Entry Pavilion, Plaza, Renos | ?m | ?s | CLC | Arcadis

They seem to change it at about 11 or thereabouts. It was spinning and stuff early Friday and then went dark. Sunday and Monday it had the spinning lights and then went gold (or orange). It's currently spinning although it was more purple/red and seems to be spinning towards gold now (10:07 pm)

Most evenings the CN tower is now on decreased lighting until October 30th as they participate in the FLAP program. However on Saturday night I noticed from the radom up they were testing red, green and blue colours, from the radom down there were fixed lights of varying heights. I pretty much dismissed it thinking that they were programming & testing code for a new Christmas theme. As it turns out, from the radom down was actually barcode in celebration of a new project to barcode the genetic code for every species on earth, so they displayed the barcode of the DNA for the Canadian Beaver as a large contingent of international scientists are in town who are working on the project.

I thought it was kind of cool, you can read more here.

Last night, not as sharp as I'd like.

5139081131_d8c1c20676_b.jpg

I noticed they're erecting safety fencing around the rooftop above the restaurant. Does anyone know what type of work they're planning to do?

5603731400_952de59a4b_b.jpg

It's to prevent Quetzalcoatlus from building their nests up there.

defender8-plastic.jpg

quetzalcoatlus2.jpg

Visionary stuff as we enter an era where genetics allow us to bring back extinct species.

Appreciation for the witty replies aside, does anyone actually know what is going on?

Back