Toronto CN Tower: Entry Pavilion, Plaza, Renos | ?m | ?s | CLC | Arcadis

I can see why your visitors might be embarrassed.

General admission was never free. Additional admission costs to the sky pod were waived while construction was carried out on the main observation level.

Ah. We took visitors from North Carolina up the tower a couple of weeks ago, and I couldn't figure out why the Skypod was free. It was never explained, and I figured that I had inadvertently paid for it when I bought tickets online.

That makes sense. Thanks.

No - I wonder if this is reflected in the exterior appearance.

AoD
It is.

DSC07734.jpg

Here's hoping they decide to do more of the windows… but inside, it has been completely updated, so it's not a given that there will be any more changes.

Attachments

• DSC07734.jpg
    DSC07734.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 736
What is that exterior bracket type thing in the middle that goes between all the window'd floors. Is that always there and used for window cleaning or something? It looks really out of place. I never noticed it until they were doing the renovations and assumed it would come down afterwards.

It has to stay of course, and would not affect whether or not they were doing more window replacements. The least they could do, AFAIC, is to replace the silver cladding below the waist-height windows with black glass spandrel to the same level as the floor length windows. From the ground, you'd never know the windows were a different height.

It has to stay of course, and would not affect whether or not they were doing more window replacements. The least they could do, AFAIC, is to replace the silver cladding below the waist-height windows with black glass spandrel to the same level as the floor length windows. From the ground, you'd never know the windows were a different height.

I am not even sure as to whether there is any reason to maintain those sections as they were.

AoD

Back