Toronto The Gloucester on Yonge | 147.82m | 44s | Concord Adex | a—A

This looks like a quality build, but I'm disappointed with the design of the street level. I know the building that was previously on site was not in good shape, but it seems like Yonge Street is being gentrified by the condo community, and with another generic aA glass facade. Yes, retail and condo lobbies like large windows for easy visibility but this go-to design of expansive glass walls feels lazy or uninventive. Architects, like aA can step their game up especially when their projects line a historic street like Yonge.

Last edited:
A boring sky for pictures, but here are three shots from Friday.
IMG_0424.JPG
IMG_0426.JPG
IMG_0425.JPG

doesnt matter how good a design is, if the the material is cheaped out the building looks pathetic. koodos to Cresford for using nice materials.

I wonder if they're thinking of opening the south half of the podium early. The tower is set way back from the street, and it's not like they need the Yonge frontage for logistics. They could probably get a couple of the retail units open while tower construction continues above

I wonder if they're thinking of opening the south half of the podium early. The tower is set way back from the street, and it's not like they need the Yonge frontage for logistics. They could probably get a couple of the retail units open while tower construction continues above
Yes, a good idea. I believe Aura did that too.

Back