Toronto The Gloucester on Yonge | 147.82m | 44s | Concord Adex | a—A

Today.
321A3566-FBAB-4F55-85CE-F5819AE424A2.jpeg
A0FFC0FC-CDE0-4EC8-90C7-F3E79F00856A.jpeg

According to a Toronto Star story the court has given Concord Pacific until midday tomorrow to pay the debt to the main mortgage holder on the Clover Condos, Concord has had a legally binding deal to acquire ownership of (Cresford) before the receivership order was made on March 27. Because it has the exclusive right to acquire ownership...Concord is presently the only party that is able and entitled to profit from a successful restructuring.

According to a Toronto Star story the court has given Concord Pacific until midday tomorrow to pay the debt to the main mortgage holder on the Clover Condos, Concord has had a legally binding deal to acquire ownership of (Cresford) before the receivership order was made on March 27. Because it has the exclusive right to acquire ownership...Concord is presently the only party that is able and entitled to profit from a successful restructuring.
Please just no, don't let this happen. The absolute last thing this city needs is for a Concord entity to sprout out like the dirty weed that the firm is.

Some of their projects in Vancouver are pretty good and more high-end than the ones here. Maybe they'll form a new 'brand', Concord Prestige or something, for the Cresford developments.

Hopefully this is done swiftly and they can continue constructions on the 3 projects as planned. Nobody wants a huge hole in the ground at 33 Yorkville, or halted projects at the Clover and Halo. I could care less who the new developer is. Some people have a personal vendetta against Concord.

Hopefully this is done swiftly and they can continue constructions on the 3 projects as planned. Nobody wants a huge hole in the ground at 33 Yorkville, or halted projects at the Clover and Halo. I could care less who the new developer is. Some people have a personal vendetta against Concord.
I'd rather have a giant hole in the ground and wait for a developer who can execute these projects with quality materials and who can give us a landmark build, rather than a developer who will use the cheapest materials possible and whom will leave us will a guaranteed eyesore for decades to come.

Concord has destroyed the aesthetic of various places along the Waterfront, and North York. I dont need to see another one of their projects to know what they will be bring to the table (which is nothing but bland and cheap buildings). If you think33 Yorkville or YSL will be constructed as they were, you will likely be proven wrong because Concord will severely value-engineer it down.

Some of their projects in Vancouver are pretty good and more high-end than the ones here. Maybe they'll form a new 'brand', Concord Prestige or something, for the Cresford developments.
I would've been with you on this statement, had I not been to Richmond BC and seen some of the new drab they've been putting up there as well. I'll put my money that they're more likely to establish a "Concord CentrePlace" which would continue on their legacy of developing cheap products along some of Toronto's most prominent sites.

I'd rather have a giant hole in the ground and wait for a developer who can execute these projects with quality materials and who can give us a landmark build, rather than a developer who will use the cheapest materials possible and whom will leave us will a guaranteed eyesore for decades to come.

Concord has destroyed the aesthetic of various places along the Waterfront, and North York. I dont need to see another one of their projects to know what they will be bring to the table (which is nothing but bland and cheap buildings). If you think33 Yorkville or YSL will be constructed as they were, you will likely be proven wrong because Concord will severely value-engineer it down.

I would've been with you on this statement, had I not been to Richmond BC and seen some of the new drab they've been putting up there as well. I'll put my money that they're more likely to establish a "Concord CentrePlace" which would continue on their legacy of developing cheap products along some of Toronto's most prominent sites.
'Destroyed' is a word I would use in reference to Minneapolis, not our waterfront, so take it easy

^I have no idea why you're using Minneapolis here to try and bolster your argument. It has no relation or bearing to what's being discussed here.

And if you really want to drag that in here; what happens in one neighborhood in a city (ie: the burning of buildings, etc..) doesn't automatically mean that it happened in the entire city.

^I have no idea why you're using Minneapolis here to try and bolster your argument. It has no relation or bearing to what's being discussed here.

And if you really want to drag that in here; what happens in one neighborhood in a city (ie: the burning of buildings, etc..) doesn't automatically mean that it happened in the entire city.
Just stop blowing things out of proportion. Using hyperboles such 'destroyed' and 'disaster' is far from what's happening on our waterfront and North York. Sure, it may not be to your liking, but it's far from a disaster.

Just stop blowing things out of proportion. Using hyperboles such 'destroyed' and 'disaster' is far from what's happening on our waterfront and North York. Sure, it may not be to your liking, but it's far from a disaster.
Why would I sugarcoat something that's widely known, and is no secret to most. Concord has destroyed the aesthetics of several neighborhoods, and they are known for producing uninspiring communities. It's not blowing things out of proportion, it's calling things out as they are.

In any case i'm done discussing Concord here, as they cant do much about Clover as it's nearing completion. As for the other 2 Cresford projects, i'll continue to remain severely concerned about them if they are acquired by Concord.

Back