Toronto Clare R. Copeland Transformer Station | ?m | ?s | Toronto Hydro | Arcadis

I thought it was already connected to the station on Front @ Windsor (underground) and was operating with it.
I can't tell if it's actually being used for its intended purpose. But the park on top is still fenced off, and there are signs of visible work being slowly done inside the station

Pics taken Nov 29, 2018

njQaVNw.jpg

Ea2tQAH.jpg

Looks like one final big pour to go. Are we expecting the park to open by this Summer or will this site be a construction zone through yet another tourist season? Not to be a downer but this project is years behind schedule.
Actually three more as I read this entire thread.

So one question and one observation.

Question: Is this thing in service?

Observation: Only a wonk could love this, but I'd be here for Doors Open Toronto.

From the webcam, it appears there is less equipment and fencing on the sidewalk. Perhaps they are getting ready for completion..

After 6 years of construction, it appears to be still not open. Any idea what's going on? The park has not been open to public. Is the station at least in operation?

From an email I received from the 207 Queen's Quay W property manager:
Please be advised that 207 Queens Quay will be affected by a scheduled power outage required by Toronto Hydro in order to facilitate the transfer of our hydro feed to their new Copeland Transformer Station.

This outage, which will be approximately four to six hours in duration, is scheduled for Sunday June 16th 2019 and will take place any time between 12:01am and 8:00am.

So I guess this is coming online June 16?

I'm surprised I haven't seen a single photo of the new parkette here. Is it even open yet?
Nope, it's closed. They are competing with Union station construction on who is going to take the longest. Maybe another decade (for either of the projects) before they will be completed.

Back