Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Some more decent height for..... the Yonge and Eglinton area:cool:

95 BROADWAY AVE
OPA / Rezoning 12 146382 STE 22 OZ Ward 22
- Tor & E.York Mar 30, 2012 --- --- --- ---
Rezoning application for construction of new residential building - 2 towers - 38 stories each connect by a 8 storey podium - 7 levels below grade parking - 369 parkingspaces - 864 residential units.

95 BROADWAY AVE
Site Plan Approval 12 197250 STE 22 SA Ward 22
- Tor & E.York Jun 20, 2012 --- --- --- ---

Site Plan approval application for construction of new residential building - 2 towers - 38 stories each connect by a 8 storey podium - 7 levels below grade parking - 367 parkingspaces - 853 residential units. - See 12 146382 STE 22oz for R e Zoning Application

95 BROADWAY AVE
Rental Housing Demolition & Conversion 12 197254 STE 22 RH Ward 22
- Tor & E.York Jun 20, 2012 --- --- --- ---
Rental housing demolition approval application for demolition of 32 rental residential units in existing building on site in order to facilitate the construction of new residential building - 2 towers - 38 stories each connect by a 8 storey podium - 7 levels below grade parking - 367 parkingspaces - 853 residential units. - See 12 146382 STE 22oz for R e Zoning Application - existing 32 rental residential units to be replaced in new building

95-99 Broadway Ave and 197 Redpath Ave

The sign has gone up in the last few days.

197Red1.jpg

There are a couple of houses and a rental building on the lot:

197Red2.jpg

197Red3.jpg

197Red4.jpg

I laughed when I walked by this, they're going to have a hard time getting 38 floors approved for this location. 25-30 max would be my guess, and even then there will be a fight.

Is the house on the corner of Redpath part of the parcel? Used to know the owner as a teenager

Based on the addresses posted on the sign, I think that house is safe. It's 93 Broadway Ave. I think my crappy little graphic shows the proposed site:

95broadway.jpg

Wow....looks like my former acquaintance refused to sell. The developers must have offered something for 93 broadway

My really good friends live within spitting distance of this project so I'm there all the time. This thing is quite large for that area. You do have some taller rental buildings on Roehampton but I'm not sure any of them crack 20s. This is almost double the height and further from Eglinton. I anticipate massive push-back from the locals.

I'm betting they settle around 25 and that's with going to the OMB.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4P 1V2

Ward 22: St. Paul's

Application#: 14 186076 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jul 7, 2014

Project: Apartment Building New Building

Description: 2 towers - 34 storeys each connected by a podium - 6 levels below grade parking - 307 parking spaces - 737 residential units. An application to demolish rental housing has also been made.

From Josh Matlow's website...

Decision on 95 & 99 Broadway Further Bolsters Case against OMB

"In an outrageous decision, the Ontario Municipal Board gave the applicants for 95 & 99 Broadway everything they applied for. The proposal for two 38-storey towers on a relatively small site ran counter to the tenets of the provincial growth plan, which states that the greatest heights and densities should occur at the intersection of Yonge & Eglinton and then decrease the further away a development is located from that junction.

This project will have a density twice that of the Minto development. While there is nothing more that can reasonably be done to fight this development, the experience has furthered my resolve to free Toronto from the OMB."

I think this a little much for the area ... the highest building in this area ~ 20 floors, this is a good 1 block east of Yonge, many rental buildings here granted but all sub 30, the tridel condos, sub 30 and they were on a huge lot (given the school at the base). 20 stories works here ..

Its not the height that bothers me, the overall density is too high for the site. The towers are too tightly packed, this is really a single tower site.

From Josh Matlow's website...

Decision on 95 & 99 Broadway Further Bolsters Case against OMB

"In an outrageous decision, the Ontario Municipal Board gave the applicants for 95 & 99 Broadway everything they applied for. The proposal for two 38-storey towers on a relatively small site ran counter to the tenets of the provincial growth plan, which states that the greatest heights and densities should occur at the intersection of Yonge & Eglinton and then decrease the further away a development is located from that junction.

This project will have a density twice that of the Minto development. While there is nothing more that can reasonably be done to fight this development, the experience has furthered my resolve to free Toronto from the OMB."

What really bothers me is Matlow's clear disingenuousness - he states the above as though it were a given, yet believes that 2221 Yonge (56 storeys) should be chopped so that it is shorter than Minto Midtown (54 storeys). His populist, retail politics have no place in planning.

Back