Toronto CityLights on Broadway | 115.82m | 34s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

Yesterday:

Very bizarre. How could that have happened? There's never enough space between the hoist and the access platform for anyone to slip between them when boarding, unless the guy was on a level that didn't have access? First time I've ever heard of something like this.

This looks pretty bleak. It'll get less exposure due to its location being fairly inward from the main Y&E intersection, but definitely one of Wallman's worst. It's close to 365 Church level bad IMO.

This looks pretty bleak. It'll get less exposure due to its location being fairly inward from the main Y&E intersection, but definitely one of Wallman's worst. It's close to 365 Church level bad IMO.
It is not finished yet, in fairness.

Looking bleak though, that is for sure.

Can anyone hazard a guess at what the expected timeline is for occupancy? They seem to be moving faster than previously expected - a floor a week.

Holdout House getting roof work done?
Not a hold out, but not will to sell below market value considering the 2 homes to the east went above market value.

Stuff from the 26th did a lot of damage to the roof and inside, as well out side.

The rental units have to meet a May date and subject to a daily fine if not met.

Stuff from the 26th did a lot of damage to the roof and inside, as well out side.

The rental units have to meet a May date and subject to a daily fine if not met.

Sorry what happened on the 26th?
What's this deadline?

Sorry what happened on the 26th?
What's this deadline?
They where moving the fly form from one floor to the next one when something from it fell the 26th floor through the roof.

The deadline is when people are to move into the rental units that are replacing the ones torn down for these towers. It was supposed to be this year, but the project is behind schedule. According to info pass onto me, the developers must have these units ready for May 2020 now and will be fine daily after the fix day if it is miss until it happens. Wasn't given the fix date info.

From what I could find out online, there are just over 30 rental units in the two towers, that are replacing the rental units from the demolished apartment buildings.

Back