Toronto Cinema Tower | 142.64m | 43s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

Could someone post a closeup photo of the entrance canopy.
From MafaldaBoy's photos It looks really thick and wierd, almost like a cross section of a piece of a meat lasagna or some fake prop from Canada's Wonderland.
It's like a recycled item from the days when Canada's Wonderland had a "Flinstones" theme.

It looks different now than those previous pictures. Actually looks pretty good. Especially at night when the lights are on.

^
they commissioned it, and its their responsibility to make sure that the artwork doesn't turn out to be a ridiculous and staggeringly ugly misfire. it's not like the artist 'can do whatever they want' in these kinds of arrangements. the developer clearly dropped the ball here.

anyway, here's hoping the tenants of this thing have a sense of humour. they are going to need it every time someone comes to visit. yabba dabba do!

I suppose that's one way to look at it… but I actually like that part — the copper section with impressed objects and slumped glass inserts — the best. The detail in that portion is quite engaging up close. I do hope to get a photo of it in the next while.

Why should Kirkor take responsibility? It has been explained to you that they did not design the entrance.

It goes beyond the entrance. But focusing on the entrance...are you telling me that the artist has complete control to design whatever they want? Really? I find that very hard to believe.

Back