Toronto Cinema Tower | 142.64m | 43s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

^The Metro Reference Library has back issues of the paper as well as scanning equipment.

lol

Not entirely sure how to interpret the diagrams, but I'm seeing a lot of curves!

44 storeys is extremely significant for this area.

Yes, it is hard to determine whether this will be a mess of a building, or have some Gehry-like flare and grace. The architect is Kirkor so for many, that will be an indication of a 'mess'. I do not mind some of their work (their waterfront designs are not horrid and neither is their Scarb. Town Centre project) but they can certainly produce dreck. That being said, I look forward to a rendering of some kind.

And yes, its damn tall and all these tall buildings will certainly change the feel of this once mid-rise neighbourhood. Discuss among yourselves.

I actually really like this one... aside from the MASS of tall towers ALL popping up RIGHT there.... (which will make TIFF, and Metro Hall look right at home) this particular tower ISNT a box... so even f it turns out badly... at least its something different!

plus.. judging from the drawings... the base looks like it will be fantastic! but We'll just have to wait and see the renderings

Interested in seeing some renderings though I worry about the height of this creating a permanent shadow along that stretch of adelaide. This block of condos will probably destroy any plans for restaurants with patios in this area. As funky as some of these condos appear to be, thats all they are. Condos. No sign of warmth in its ground usage. Nothing more than some glassy lobbies and parking entrances. I think i personally would prefer a nice dense block of 15 story buildings with traditions streetside spaces for patios and sunlight.

Holy crap does that look nice, perhaps with the exception of the bottom-left podium in picture 3. Thanks for the legwork, ProjectEnd!

Wow. Just wow. Together with all the other towers proposed and U/C in this area, some of which are just as impressive in their own ways, this area will be unrecognizable in a few years (if they all do get built).

I like the base - one of the best we have seen, imo - Peter Clewes, are you paying attention?

...as for fitting in with the local context, the local context in this neighbourhood is in the process of being obliterated right now...Clubland, R.I.P.

That is really nice. I like it.

Does anyone have an idea of what is going up in this area? I'm getting confused with all the new developments. These are the larger ones that I know about.

355 King Street West 581ft. 48 floors
Festival Tower 514ft. 42 floors
300 Front Street 512ft. 52 floors
295 Adelaide West 482ft. 42 floors
21 Widmer Street 434ft. 44 floors

Are these all the new biggies?

I am not at all convinced- I appreciate the fact that ProjectEnd went through the trouble to get these images, but this project looks more like a regular building which has been whored up, with fishnet stockings, fake eyelashes and a short revealing mini-skirt...all things you appreciate when you are horny and drunk, or just horny. But come daylight you are disgusted with yourself for even looking at it...

p5

Back