Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Nice one, but Union Centre most likely will be the last one of the bunch to be built (2025+) Allied are not known for building tall towers and who knows?, maybe they'll just sell that over to Oxford or CF

That is true, this proposal has been out for 4 years now and still no rumblings of anything. My bets would be on 30 Bay coming next, it's the only one with a website with a complete date (2023). CC3 is a massive project (1.8 million square feet+) and is still in the beginning stages, we just heard about in December. 160 Front has been out for a few years as well, they are actively marketing their building as well but still no success.

Commercial projects always move along at a decent speed I find. They have one of the big banks waiting on getting in so the pressure is on. Im pumped to see the final result here, the tallest and biggest office towers to go up in Toronto in 25+ years. This is a big moment.

This project was supposed to be twin towers connected by an elevated park, is that still the plan?

Or, as I suspect, are they going to just build one of the towers and call it a day?

Twin towers. The first one will be built with a bus terminal in the base, then they will move the current bus terminal and start the second tower in its place.

February 18, 2018:

Crane spotting
IMG_8996.jpg

As seen from The Distillery District
IMG_8998.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8996.jpg
    IMG_8996.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_8998.jpg
    IMG_8998.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 655
After a Friday rain and filthy windows, I was able to take a couple of shots from my balcony this morning.

Westside Story: The south west corner has had a lot of action this week. They exposed the first level of the vertical wall reaching towards the top of the platform running along Bay St. All of the materials have been removed from this area between the crane base and the vertical wall, some plastic drains were installed and have been covered with small diameter gravel around the entire area. The drains run towards and into the centre section of the core which has had some black pea gravel material spread over top. The sidewalls to the ramp which will allow cars to run from P3 up to P2 has also exposed its vertical concrete walls. I'm assuming they ramp part will be constructed at a later date

Westside.jpg

Eastside Story: Still not much action in this area as the construction ramp is used to bring in materials and the area around crane 3 is used to store materials. Looking along the north wall of the excavation, there have been footings poured and crews are creating a wall of rebar just in front of the shoring wall nearest the tracks

Easside.jpg

Trackside: Lots of very noisy work with boring machines and vacuum trucks running from midnight to five in the morning every weeknight. Can't really see what is going on other than the work is covered up with steel plates before train service begins in the morning. They have also protected the tracks nearest the excavation. The protection allows trains to run normally but also allows construction vehicles to run over the tracks without doing any damage.

IMG_0368.jpg

FloorPlate P3 from WilkinsonEyre documents Site Plan Control Application Resubmission Iva

P3 floorplate WilinsonEyre.png

Attachments

• Westside.jpg
    Westside.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 640
  • Easside.jpg
    Easside.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 659
  • IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 676
  • P3 floorplate WilinsonEyre.png
    P3 floorplate WilinsonEyre.png
    161.9 KB · Views: 694
most towers in Toronto are residential, where steel makes no sense. Steel has been used in office projects, but even then it depends a lot on raw material pricing when a project goes to tender.

Back