• Start date
Today:

DSC_0643.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0643.jpg
    DSC_0643.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 698
Happy Pride

Westside Story: mostly rinse and repeat this week so there is not much to describe, except for the close-up photo next

Westside.jpg

Westside Core Close-Up: They have removed the forms around the south section of the core, and installed a series of 'clips' or 'hangers' near the top of the concrete that was poured last week. So far they have 'hung' a three-sided box from 2 of these hangers on the east side of the core, the side parallel to the core structure is white, the top and bottom appear to be plywood structurally supported with adjustable aluminium strapping. I'm wondering if this will be a safety platform that will rise with the core as it continues to climb to the next levels.

Westside Close UP.jpg

Eastside Story: P2 has been completely poured. A new wall is being formed with rebar along the north/south access about 3m west of the 18 Yonge building.

Eastside.jpg

Trackside Story: another row of pillars or columns was added last night. It's difficult to see because my view is being blocked, but if you look towards the east side of the new steel structure, at track level, you will be able to see orange/black stripped pylons. The two most northern pylons are directly beside the new columns which will be the base for section three of the public trackside park

Tracks.jpg

Attachments

• Westside.jpg
    Westside.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 690
  • Westside Close UP.jpg
    Westside Close UP.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 673
  • Eastside.jpg
    Eastside.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 639
  • Tracks.jpg
    Tracks.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 673

Attachments

• Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
    Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 1,098

One day I'm going to take the west side photo from my northwest balcony and the east side photo from my northeast balcony. The views will be just enough to maybe goof you up Mr Stitcher :p Or I could take two each from both balconies and you might be able to make it into a 3D image as it would very similar photos from two different angles, but then you'd have to send us all pairs of 3D glasses :D

I don't think I've seen something like that where they've decked the lower level of a truss. I guess they're pouring a two-level structure; top for landscaping and bottom for mechanical?

I don't think I've seen something like that where they've decked the lower level of a truss. I guess they're pouring a two-level structure; top for landscaping and bottom for mechanical?

Yes, there is (was) storm drainage within the structure. Not 100% sure I'm remembering right, but I think there was capped connections in the mechanical room for a future ice rink.

One day I'm going to take the west side photo from my northwest balcony and the east side photo from my northeast balcony. The views will be just enough to maybe goof you up Mr Stitcher :p Or I could take two each from both balconies and you might be able to make it into a 3D image as it would very similar photos from two different angles, but then you'd have to send us all pairs of 3D glasses :D
Sounds like a challenge. Bring it on!

Same angle and general time as above, but oh well:
IMG_0816.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0816.jpg
    IMG_0816.jpg
    637.2 KB · Views: 676
Today:
cibcIMG_1039.JPG
cibcIMG_1079.JPG
cibcIMG_1120.JPG

Attachments