• Start date
Beginning to pour the P2 floor

IMG_0387.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 629
Wow! This is flying!
Normally shoring and foundation take so much time, I agree this is going insanely fast.

For comparison, Blue Diamond began shoring around the same time (May/June last year). Smaller floorplate, 1/3 the height, 2 additional parkign levels, but no rebar or concrete yet.

There's probably better comparisons, but I think it fairly illustrates the advantage of how much they've worked around the clock.

Normally shoring and foundation take so much time, I agree this is going insanely fast.

For comparison, Blue Diamond began shoring around the same time (May/June last year). Smaller floorplate, 1/3 the height, 2 additional parkign levels, but no rebar or concrete yet.

There's probably better comparisons, but I think it fairly illustrates the advantage of how much they've worked around the clock.
No comparisons, typically office towers are a different beast and always move at a faster pace

Why? CIBC isn't going to stand there and begrudgingly take it on the chin should the developer demands a six month extension.

Based on their project in Yorkville and Blue Diamond, Camrost-Felcorp seems to be a particularly slow moving developer, so may not be the best comparison.

I can confirm at least one of the cranes was still moving around at 11:30pm tonight. Happy to see this level of activity at a relatively early stage.

Friday Madness

Westside Story: The walls for the P2 level are being formed as this is written. Anything coloured white in this photo is concrete. The P2 flooring forms continue to the south wall, the west wall, under the street level platform and they are working their way towards the north wall. Directly behind crane #2 there is a permanent blue concrete pumping machine. This machine has already been in use when pouring the west side floor of the core. When concrete is being poured they will work until it is complete. Sometimes they are still there in the morning when I look out my kitchen window. I'd love to know what rate they get for double overtime. This crew works long and hard.

West Side.jpg

Eastside/Tracks Story: Not much action this week, but of note, the heavy machinery that was at the track level has been removed. They are still working in this area during the night, but what ever they are doing is not visible during the day as steel plates are noisily laid down every morning around 5am

Eastside:Tracks.jpg

Attachments

• West Side.jpg
    West Side.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 543
  • Eastside:Tracks.jpg
    Eastside:Tracks.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 538
Friday Madness

Westside Story: The walls for the P2 level are being formed as this is written. Anything coloured white in this photo is concrete. The P2 flooring forms continue to the south wall, the west wall, under the street level platform and they are working their way towards the north wall. Directly behind crane #2 there is a permanent blue concrete pumping machine. This machine has already been in use when pouring the west side floor of the core. When concrete is being poured they will work until it is complete. Sometimes they are still there in the morning when I look out my kitchen window. I'd love to know what rate they get for double overtime. This crew works long and hard.

Eastside/Tracks Story: Not much action this week, but of note, the heavy machinery that was at the track level has been removed. They are still working in this area during the night, but what ever they are doing is not visible during the day as steel plates are noisily laid down every morning around 5am

It looks like you live in the Pinnacle Centre. What's the overall noise been like? Is it pretty bad? I live in Pinnacle too, but facing east on Yonge. I'm worried about the noise in the upcoming One Yonge project.

^ I've lived surrounded by non-stop hi-rise construction for 12 years. It's really not that bad. Concrete saws are probably the worst sound, but they're not used that often.

Westside Story: P2 level continues to expand, they are presently pouring the floor from the south wall towards the core. The core itself has its next set of walls almost complete. Just before they are ready to pour the walls, ledges/walkways are hung around the edges of the wall so it makes it easier for the workers to complete the pour. The P2 level also continues towards the north wall, and east towards crane #3.

Westside.jpg

Eastside Story: The ramp down is being used less and less as the construction gates and platform along Bay St accommodates the majority of deliveries. There is a third construction gate under the Gardiner, which accommodates the cement trucks which service the concrete pumping machines. The concrete pumping machine can be seen in action in the west side picture above.

Eastside.jpg

Attachments

• Westside.jpg
    Westside.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 652
  • Eastside.jpg
    Eastside.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 669

Back