Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
B7794457-AD23-4CEE-923D-1D855E61D29A.jpeg

Such a gorgeous building. I find it really interesting how in some photos it stands out beautiful and others you wish it was just a little taller.

Just 20/30 more meters and it would have been an iconic piece of the skyline from every angle.

I thought that the PATH bridge from the Pinnacle buildings One Yonge Street ( https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...-95s-pinnacle-hariri-pontarini.17920/page-218 ) was going to enter CIBC Square above the garage entry/exit (which is it?) shown well in the photo above. That wall look very solid so I guess I was wrong. Where will it enter building? Of course the Pinnacle building may be 'postponed'.
The first Pinnacle One Yonge tower started construction in April, 2018, ten months after ground breaking for CIBC Square in June, 2017, so not confirmed at that point, no… but there's no reason why you couldn't modify those plans after the fact: the "knockout panel" wall at the end of the PATH hall was just poured a couple months ago now, long after Pinnacle's start.

In the meantime, it's the second phase of One Yonge that PATH will connect through to get to the tower going up now, so while that tower is pretty much inevitable, it's not just not under construction yet, it's not in sales yet either.

Pinnacle has deep enough pockets that they used to start their Toronto construction without even waiting for sales though… so it all just makes me wonder. Are they picking up 100% of the tab for the PATH between CIBC Square and their complex? Wouldn't they want to pay less for it? Wouldn't Ivanhoé Cambridge and Hines want to minimize inconvenience for their tenants and have the PATH in place before the tenants move in, so that the garage and servicing entry is not impacted after the fact?

Why is this happening the way it is?

This seems like the logical path connection just not the logic path to construction. Pay me now or pay me years later.

Back