Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
UP is done, there ain't no more UP from my side Friday

Westside UP (last core jump from my side)

MIDDLE

BOTTOM

Eastside General

A close look at the final concrete work on the south-west retail. The top perimeter formwork is creating a parapet edge cap.
This will eventually be a green roof

Continuing to add the post and beams steel and corrugated metal decking to the eastern side of the low rise building that contains the bus depot and I think Metrolinx Offices above

UP is done, there ain't no more UP from my side Friday

Westside UP (last core jump from my side)

View attachment 204960

MIDDLE

View attachment 204962

BOTTOM

View attachment 204964

Eastside General

View attachment 204966

A close look at the final concrete work on the south-west retail. The top perimeter formwork is creating a parapet edge cap.
This will eventually be a green roof

View attachment 204967

Continuing to add the post and beams steel and corrugated metal decking to the eastern side of the low rise building that contains the bus depot and I think Metrolinx Offices above

View attachment 204969
Stitched with some super weird distortion:
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Interesting to see that view down Bay. From the East and West this building feels sort of disconnected from the core, but that shot down Bay shows the future canyon, with the next phase further solidifying this dense feeling view.
I hope in the next phase they’ll also do something about that decrepit ‘teamway’ across Bay St.

If you mean the east and west teamways that go alongside Bay I think they will. If you mean the bridge (and walkway - Platform 3) that actually CROSS Bay they are working on it right now.)
I meant the bridge. Don’t they call that the team way as well? It looks like it hasn’t been renovated since Union Station opened in the late 20s.

IIRC the teamways are the walkways below the rail bridge. There's been some renderings of improvements to the East Bay teamway as part of this project. If you mean the rail bridge over Bay, I doubt they are going to touch that, given they don't own it. However, renderings for Phase 2 show that they're going to put a pedestrian bridge in front of it on the North side, as they are doing currently on the South side, which will hide the bridge entirely. It's shown in the second image in the database file.

IIRC the teamways are the walkways below the rail bridge. There's been some renderings of improvements to the East Bay teamway as part of this project. If you mean the rail bridge over Bay, I doubt they are going to touch that, given they don't own it. However, renderings for Phase 2 show that they're going to put a pedestrian bridge in front of it on the North side, as they are doing currently on the South side, which will hide the bridge entirely. It's shown in the second image in the database file.
Thanks. Hiding the existing bridge behind a spanking new bridge is good enough for me.

I meant the bridge. Don’t they call that the team way as well? It looks like it hasn’t been renovated since Union Station opened in the late 20s.
No, the teamways are the passages at grade that were, originally used by teams of horses and carts loading and unloading freight. (Operated by Teamsters).

I have seen a rendering/impression of the renovated bridge over Bay. it should actually look pretty good when it is fixed up.
But what is the point? It will be hidden by the future pedestrian bridge to CIBC square 2

But what is the point? It will be hidden by the future pedestrian bridge to CIBC square 2
I have thought the same thing but I think the bridges will not be that close and I THINK that the current one used to have (and may again have) windows that will light up part of Platform 3, of which it is really a 'wall" . It also probably needs repair for water damage etc etc.

I have seen a rendering/impression of the renovated bridge over Bay. it should actually look pretty good when it is fixed up.
When they closed bay st for both those weekends they set up scaffolding in front of that bridge to start the renovations on the outside

Back