Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
A name is a completely imaginary concept - people can "call" something whatever they want.

If most people know the building as the ACC, and prefer that name to the "new" one, then it simply makes logical sense to refer to it as the ACC - unless you are dying to give some free publicity to Scotiabank for some reason.
Yes...I'm sure Scotiabank and the 800 million they spent on naming right would be thrilled with your suggestion. Unbelievable.

There is a grocery store in Port Perry where I grew up that was an IGA in my early years. The IGA eventually became a Sobeys and currently is a Foodland. Many people in Port Perry, including myself still refer to the store as the IGA.

Up close and personal from 18 Yonge. Sorry about the quality, cell camera is a little busted.

For $800 million you can call me whatever you'd like.
Careful Contra, else RBC will want to sponsor your construction update illustrations and start exerting creative control ;)

Looks like the bridge lift is happening this weekend:

Why does this tweet make me seethe in anger towards Metrolinx?

Is it because there is a blatant attempt to identify this PATH extension as belonging to the Metrolinx Go?

Will you need to provide a proof of purchase for a GoBus ticket to gain access to this bridge?

Will you be required to 'tap your Presto Card' when you enter and exit?

There's just something that has really disturbed me about this particular tweet.

My rant is now over!

Carry on.

Why does this tweet make me seethe in anger towards Metrolinx?

Is it because there is a blatant attempt to identify this PATH extension as belonging to the Metrolinx Go?

Will you need to provide a proof of purchase for a GoBus ticket to gain access to this bridge?

Will you be required to 'tap your Presto Card' when you enter and exit?

There's just something that has really disturbed me about this particular tweet.

My rant is now over!

Carry on.

There's nothing in that tweet that tries to link this with Metrolinx. AMA posts plenty of things that have nothing to do with Metrolinx. It's her personal account. She also posted about movie night in Corktown Common. Does it disturb you too? Are you thinking that you need to tap your Presto at movie nights in the park from now on? How about having to purchase a GO ticket to enter her local Starbucks? ?

There is a grocery store in Port Perry where I grew up that was an IGA in my early years. The IGA eventually became a Sobeys and currently is a Foodland. Many people in Port Perry, including myself still refer to the store as the IGA.
If anyone on this thread sees the word Simpsons, which comes first to your mind? The (defunct) department store or the animated television series?

I see too that there's a finer grain of metalwork going on to the canopy. Could we be seeing glass there soon too do you think? I wonder if they'll wait until the risk of mess from construction above falling onto it has decreased?

I see too that there's a finer grain of metalwork going on to the canopy. Could we be seeing glass there soon too do you think? I wonder if they'll wait until the risk of mess from construction above falling onto it has decreased?
It would seem rather unwise to install glass on the canopy until the risk of 'stuff' falling on it has gone and there would not seem to be a need to do so anyway. If anything we will see plywood there for a while.

There's a very large mobile crane between the tracks to the east of the train shed at Union which I assume is for the pedestrian bridge lift this weekend. Does anyone know how the bridge is coming to the site?

Back