Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
The building is lined with metal strips to show the pattern. But the CIBC building relies on a three-dimensional glass surface to create a diamond pattern, and the metal strip is just an embellishment rather than an important part. These are two completely different ways.
Not just that, but the CIBC Square doesn't have a statuette of any historical personalities, unlike on the Comcast (William Penn).

Speaking of statuettes, it would be interesting to place a statuette of Sir John Graves Simcoe on it (though it would be better placed atop the CN Tower).

Wow they are making quick work of this. I hope something’s said about the pace these guys are making of this project. It’s really come along way in a short time it seems. Looking fantastic. Thanks for all the photos everyone!!?

I had friends visiting from Sacramento California last week. I took them along the Gardiner eastbound from the west end. When we rounded the curve just past the Spadina exit, I heard an "Oh My God" come out of their mouths. I have to say, it is an impressive view!

RAP's parade hangover update...

Oodles of work, top to bottom, and glazing on ALL sides.

CIBC_1.jpg

CIBC_2.jpg

CIBC_3.jpg

Glazing spreading around NE corner. And a very large slice of steel rising.

CIBC_4.jpg

CIBC_5.jpg

A growing maze of scaffolding inside...

CIBC_6.jpg

Random 'We The North' photo...

CIBC_7.jpg

Lifting a flood light piece onto south face on SW corner...

CIBC_8.jpg

CIBC_9.jpg

CIBC_10.jpg

Last edited:

Back