Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
05AD07C5-28D9-49E8-83E5-F37999669C86.jpeg
1E484FCD-A7A6-4CF0-B032-A1218920DBBD.jpeg
31A33FA2-8520-42F4-AF18-362DD8B9E2CB.jpeg

Does anyone have a diagram for the bus circulation in the terminal? So, I'm guessing busses get into the terminal from Bay, circle through the first floor, go up the ramp, circle the second floor, then I'm guessing there's a ramp down directly outside of the terminal on Yonge? or is the first ramp large enough to have 2 buses side by side and they must circle through the first floor of the terminal again to leave?

Another question I have is about the rail park; I know there's more clearance underneath it than the old rail deck roof, but is there enough room to add overhead power for electric trains when we eventually get those?

Another question I have is about the rail park; I know there's more clearance underneath it than the old rail deck roof, but is there enough room to add overhead power for electric trains when we eventually get those?

If you look at some of the photos above you will see that there is LOTS of room below the rail-deck park -- FAR FAR more than the Bush Shed itself.

If you look at some of the photos above you will see that there is LOTS of room below the rail-deck park -- FAR FAR more than the Bush Shed itself.

Which begs the same question.. is there room for electrics (given recent $$ renovations) under the shed or are we planning for 2110? Assumes typical overhead electrification versus subway 3rd rail (certain death) or fuel cells or ...?

Does anyone have a diagram for the bus circulation in the terminal? So, I'm guessing busses get into the terminal from Bay, circle through the first floor, go up the ramp, circle the second floor, then I'm guessing there's a ramp down directly outside of the terminal on Yonge? or is the first ramp large enough to have 2 buses side by side and they must circle through the first floor of the terminal again to leave?
Buses will enter and exit via Lake Shore. Yes, it looks like they'll cycle up to the second floor and back down before exiting.

Which begs the same question.. is there room for electrics (given recent $$ renovations) under the shed or are we planning for 2110? Assumes typical overhead electrification versus subway 3rd rail (certain death) or fuel cells or ...?

There is room for overhead rigid rail (not catenary); even TTC uses this under some bridges and in tunnels like Queens Quay. They also may lower the railbed a bit (10 inches?) which is being considered for level boarding (see Union Station Enhancements project). Lowering the railbed would probably use a track mount similar to what TTC uses in tunnels (no ties/ballast).

That said, this isn't the thread for that discussion.

Last edited:
Please everyone keep your eyes on the road! No prize for first one to see glass, if they subsequently wipe out on the Gardiner... :eek:;)

Back