Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
I even not think about "GO Transit" then now I asked to myself and I am not sure then one question is double decker bus really can go inside new CIBC square terminal building? really can fit? just ask
Oh my GOD! We didn't think of that. Metrolinx may not be perfect but I think one can assume their staff have some basic competencies.

"Damn the torpedoes full steam ahead" Friday

Westside Story:

The new reduced core is up and running and ready for a brand new pour.

In this lower section, a new set of steel risers have been installed waiting for their horizontal kissing cousins to become attached. The brackets for a crane extension have been installed and you may also notice in the lower left a new section for Crane#2 has been delivered

Eastside Story:

The long shot shows the core and eastern half of the build

A closer look shows progress on the train crash wall as well as the completion of the wall along the eastern side adjacent to 18 Yonge St The ramp up to level 02 of the bus depot is also becoming more evident.

And finally a closer look at the progressing work of the forms that will be the floor of level 03 which will be a mechanical level

Oh my GOD! We didn't think of that. Metrolinx may not be perfect but I think one can assume their staff have some basic competencies.View attachment 174571

so nobody answer me? wow! then I will find out by myself when CIBC Square GO terminal open and I will see it by myself to see if double decker bus really can come in? really fit it? I will be shock and say "welcome to future" whatever

Those elevator columns are massive. Makes sense for an office building. The engineering and buildout methods are old school and very efficient. Very different, in nearly every way, than “The One” at Yonge and Bloor..

Those elevator columns are massive. Makes sense for an office building. The engineering and buildout methods are old school and very efficient. Very different, in nearly every way, than “The One” at Yonge and Bloor..
It's almost like developers who can make money from tenants actually care about workers getting to their destinations quickly.

That core is really thick relative to the floor space around it.
Not really if you consider that the core contains not only the elevators but all staircases, the plumbing, washrooms, kitchens, electrical rooms. I have worked in a couple of office towers downtown (concrete) and the ‘core’ is about 50% of the floor areas.

Back