Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Screenshot_20190127-121252_Drive.jpg

Phase 2 should actually start before the full completion of Phase 1. I believe the critical path to completion more hinges on when they can use the new GO bus terminal and that will open before the tower as a whole does.

Sunday Surprise, a few shots of the supporting columns for the colonnade with artist renderings or what it should look like when done

45 Bay Supporting Documents PDF Application Submission.png

(45 Bay Supporting Documents PDF Application Submission Ivanoe, Cambridge, Hines)

A closer look at two of the recently installed columns
IMG_1517.jpeg

All three columns that have been erected to date, the middle column gets lost in the Crane#1 supporting grid
IMG_1518.jpeg

Yes the bus terminal is supposed to be open by the end of this year - so I imagine that it will be under construction within the next 12 months.
From posting above the GO bus terminal is not expected to open until March 2020 and Phase 2 of the Project will probably be starting by early summer 2020

Not it's not the Hanging Gardens on Babylon Friday

Westside Story: Not much change since yesterday so here's just today's photos

View attachment 172164

View attachment 172165

Some, not quite Corinthian Columns have been delivered to the site. Looking towards the hoarding along Bay St lying on the delivery area you may notice the top portion of what looks like aluminum or galvanized steel columns. They are at least 10m in length and have a square flange welded to the bottom and a sort of nipple at the top. These columns will be holding up the canopy that runs the whole length of the building along Bay St. Maybe someone else can get a better shot of these from a different angle because they are quite impressive. They also come with assorted beams that also look aluminum or galvanized steel. For all, I know they could be zinc or titanium or even lithium to power the lights, nothing about the construction of this building surprises me anymore, I'm just open-mouthed amazed all the time.

View attachment 172166

Eastside Story: (this photo is the same zoom as the first two photos)

View attachment 172168

A closer look shows us a brand new construction office in white with blue supports, just hanging from the east side of the tower office, like the mythical Gardens of Babylon. How that worker, in the hi-vis orange vest, is just hovering there is beyond me, maybe jetpacks. You may also notice that work has begun on the formwork for what will be the floor of level 03.

View attachment 172169
The latest @Michael62 update stitched:
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Yes the bus terminal is supposed to be open by the end of this year - so I imagine that it will be under construction within the next 12 months.
The timeline posted above says March 2020 though...are we sure it'll be open end of 2019?

concrete can go through it's required chemical reaction in more or less any temperature from my understanding - the curing process actually creates heat - but the problem in these temperatures is that there need to be humans there to pour it. When it's -25 at 7am when a job site starts up and there is a foot of snow on absolutely everything, productivity is extremely low and the risk of frostbite is quite high so a lot of sites shut down. It's tough to get forms together when they are covered in snow and ice and workers are fumbling around with gigantic gloves to keep their fingers from freezing off.

Back